Wahoo Fish Taco Recipe is a simple and delicious alternative to the traditional taco, using a spicy white fish fillet. The crispy, crunchy lemon-garlic slaw in this recipe adds a refreshing and tangy flavor to any meal.
It is also packed with healthy vegetables, making it a good choice for anyone who wants to try an easy meal that is both tasty and nutritious.
How to make Wahoo Fish Taco Recipe
Prepare time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- Large frying pan
- 1 ¼ lb Wahoo fish fillet (or any other white fish fillet)
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 2 tablespoons Peri Peri sauce (recipes online)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Dust the wahoo fish fillet with corn flour and season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Mix Peri Peri sauce and turmeric powder in a bowl. Set aside.
Step 3: Add the wahoo fish fillet and ½ cup of water to the frying pan. Allow it to cook until done, turning it over once to ensure it is completely cooked on both sides.
Step 4: In a small bowl, combine corn flour, Peri Peri sauce, and turmeric powder.
Step 5: Remove the wahoo fish fillet from the pan and flip it over. Top with a generous helping of sauce. Garnish with lemon and serve hot in tacos.
Nutrition facts of Wahoo Fish Taco Recipe
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 110mg
- Carbohydrates 15g
- Protein 23g
- Potassium 340mg
Health Benefits of Wahoo Fish Taco Recipe
Wahoo fish is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Consuming omega-3 fatty acids reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, and asthma. It also improves brain function and may reduce inflammation throughout the body.
Calcium in cabbage boosts bone health. Regular consumption helps prevent osteoporosis. It also strengthens teeth and gums, prevents muscle cramps, and aids muscle contractions.
Zinc plays an important role in the growth and repair of muscle tissue, skin, hair, and nails. Regular consumption can help prevent diabetes and cancer and lower blood pressure.
7 Easy Serving Ideas for Wahoo Fish Taco Recipe
1. Serve the fish taco with a side of fruits or vegetables to round off the meal. It is also good with mashed yam, fried bananas, or baked yam.
2. Add a tablespoon of lime juice and serve it on rice.
3. Serve it on a bed of lettuce leaves with chopped cucumber and tomatoes with some lemon slices as garnish if you want a low-calorie option.
4. Add a small amount of this mixture to your favorite fish recipe.
5. To make the taste milder and add an Indian twist, sprinkle some cumin powder on it when you add the sauce.
6. Serve it with ginger, garlic, soy sauce (tamari), or a touch of lime juice for an Asian twist.
7. Add hot sauce to create your flavor profile – Tabasco or cayenne pepper work well with this recipe.
Grilled fish taco recipe?
To make grilled fish tacos, use fish fillet instead of wahoo and follow the same recipe. Grilled fish is better than fried fish, but if you want to keep it low-calorie and less messy, go for a plain grilled or baked fish without any marinade or seasoning.
Wahoo fish taco Sauce recipe?
The sauce can also be used for other fish recipes. Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
Wahoo fish Tacos rice recipe?
Mix ½ cup of rice with the sauce and serve it with a side of fruits or vegetables.
This is a great recipe to try out and enjoy. This recipe will make seven servings and is great for a fun family lunch or dinner. It can be served as an appetizer or main dish. The best part about this recipe is that it’s quick, easy, and super tasty.
What kind of fish is best for fish tacos?
Tilapia, Mahi Mahi, salmon, wahoo fish, and cod are great options for a fish taco.
What kind of fish does Wahoo fish tacos use?
Wahoo fish tacos use the white fleshy fish fillet. The white fillet is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and provides a good source of protein for the body.
What is the white sauce on fish tacos made of?
The white sauce is a mixture of corn flour, Peri Peri sauce, and turmeric powder. The seasoning gives the fish a good spicy kick to provide it with flavor.
What are Mexican fish tacos made of?
A Mexican fish taco uses Tilapia, Mahi Mahi, or any similar white fish fillet. The white fish is topped with spices, onion, and a tangy slaw.