Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe is a vegan-friendly recipe for spicy, slow-cooked Mexican beef tacos that tastes delicious and are served with guacamole and salsa.
Making your taco seasoning using this recipe is also very easy to do. It will give you full control over what goes in your tacos and save you money compared to buying premade taco seasoning packets. This dish is part of a larger collection of vegetarian Tex-Mex recipes on the blog.
How to make Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 8 people
- In addition to an Instant Pot
- You will also need a slow cooker
- 1 ½ lb very lean beef round steak (or also called bistec de Lomo) cut into
- 1-inch cubes (540 grams)
- 1 small yellow onion quartered (120 grams)
- 3 cloves garlic coarsely chopped (18 grams)
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon oregano flakes or dried oregano (2 grams)
Step 1: Place all the ingredients on the stove and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat is very soft.
Step 2: Remove Bay leaf and garlic from the pot and set aside. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. For a faster cooking method, you can use an Instant Pot.
Step 3: Put the ingredients in their respective amounts (except for a bay leaf) in Instant Pot slow cooker, close as if it was a pressure cooker, and select the ‘Meat, Bean & Grain’ function.
Step 4: When the Instant Pot is done, add the bay leaf and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove the bay leaf and garlic from the pot and set them aside.
Step 5: Serve lengthwise as tacos, accompanied with guacamole, pico de gallo, or salsa de automate.
Nutrition facts of Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe
- Calories 248
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 1 mg
- Sodium 15 mg
- Potassium 79 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 22 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 15
Best 8 Health Benefits of Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe
1. Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe is a delicious recipe for spicy, slow-cooked Mexican beef tacos that tastes delicious and are served with guacamole and salsa. You can easily prepare your taco seasoning using this recipe or the vegan version.
2. The fat used in meat is not harmful to our health. Most commercial meat contains a significant amount of saturated fat, partially responsible for fat-related diseases such as heart disease and diabetes, in addition to cancer.
3. The lean bistec de Lomo (or beef round steak) used in the recipe is an excellent source of vitamin B12 and selenium. Both of these nutrients are lost when meat is processed.
4. Vegans can also enjoy their favorite foods, including tacos and other Mexican dishes, as long as they are plant-based and healthy.
5. Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe is rich in protein, folate, niacin, zinc, and vitamins A, B-6, and C.
6. Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe is high in fiber, which helps you to feel full for a long time thanks to its ability to slow the absorption of carbohydrates.
7. It has been proven that eating meat increases your risk of suffering from heart disease and cancer. This recipe is completely free from meat, so you don’t have this risk!
8. Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe is also a great way to use leftover or cheap ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry. If you make this recipe, you can share it with friends for free because it is delicious.
What is vegan birria made of?
Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe is a recipe for spicy, slow-cooked Mexican beef tacos that tastes delicious and are served with guacamole and salsa. This recipe uses vegan birria, which is a kind of vegan meat that has been prepared by using marinated vegetables.
What is birria taco sauce made of?
Birria taco sauce contains ingredients such as tomato paste, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin seed, paprika powder, oregano, and salt.
What are marinated vegetables?
Marinated vegetables are vegetables that have been added to a marinade mixture. The best ingredients for making vegan birria are green peppers and onions. Vegetables other than those mentioned above can also be used for this recipe.
What is the difference between birria tacos and Quesabirria tacos?
Birria tacos are usually served as a filling meal, while quesabirria tacos are served as a side dish. In addition, birria tacos are typically made of beef, while quesabirria tacos are made of beans.
What is birria broth made of?
Birria broth is a soup usually served as an appetizer to birria tacos. It is made from meat, beans, and vegetables cooked for a long time in addition to other spices.
Who invented birria tacos?
Birria tacos originated from the central and northern regions of Mexico. Some assume it comes from Jalisco because this state has more than 150 different berries.
A delicious vegan birria taco is the perfect solution for vegans looking for healthy and affordable meals.
Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe is easy to prepare and tastes delicious. In addition, it’s filling, so you’ll be more likely to feel full than when you eat meat. What are you waiting for? Start cooking now!