Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is a simple, delicious cake with just a few ingredients. I’ve been making variations of this cake for years, and it never disappoints.
The recipe is super easy to make and fun to experiment with. Sometimes I’ll change the type of chocolate chips or nuts in the batter or use apricots instead of raisins to change the flavor.
How to make Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened cocoa
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or nuts (optional)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Whisk flour, baking powder, and soda together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Step 3: Whisk the cocoa powder, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until well blended.
Step 4: Add flour to the wet ingredients, and whisk until combined.
Step 5: Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack.
Step 6: To make the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and milk in a small bowl.
Step 7: Drizzle with the glaze when the cake is cool and frosted. Serve and enjoy!
How to prepare time?
About Prep time:
5 Minutes10 Minutes
Nutrition facts of Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe
- Total Weight: 428 g
- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 7.98 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.67 g
- Trans Fat: 0.54 g
- Cholesterol: 27 mg
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.91 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.06g
- Protein 6.
8 Health Benefits of Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe
1. Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is good for your health because of its high sugar content. Keeping excess sugar from your diet can help prevent health problems such as cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes, so eating this snack cake regularly is a good idea.
2. Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is also a source of vitamin A, which is important for vision, the immune system, and healthy skin.
3. Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe also contains calcium, iron, and magnesium, which are important for bone health.
4. Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe provides fiber; try to include it in your diet to aid digestion.
5. Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is good for mental health. It is a good source of magnesium that promotes healthy moods and the nervous system.
6. Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe can lower cholesterol and boost the immune system. Vitamin A also helps prevent virus infections and can improve memory.
7. Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe can improve your vision. Vitamin A is needed to maintain healthy eyes, and it also plays a role in preventing eye disease.
8. This cake can promote weight loss because it is low in fat and high in calories from carbohydrates.
Why should you eat Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe?
Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is ideal for those looking for a tasty snack that’ll keep them full for hours and aid their dieting goals. The snack cake’s fiber, protein, and vitamins will help them feel satiated longer and get enough nutrients.
Because it’s a simple recipe with few ingredients, it’s not likely to cause adverse reactions such as irritable bowel syndrome or headaches, which are common with some more complicated recipes.
Can I Freeze It?
Freeze for up to 3 months in a freezer bag or other storage container to prevent freezer burn. Freeze before adding glaze. Defrost at room temperature and add glaze just before serving.
Can I make it in advance?
No, you cannot make it in advance. It is impossible to make the cake since it contains raw eggs and sugar, and it should not be stored at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Is Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe Healthy?
Yes, Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is a healthy snack. It’s made of whole grains, which give it a nutritional boost to help absorb vitamins and minerals.
Butter or oil makes the snack cake moist and delicious; however, use reduced fat butter or fat-free oil if you’re trying to stay in shape.
How to store Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe?
Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe can be stored for about two weeks at room temperature. However, for the best flavor and texture, keep it refrigerated, and use it within two days.
You can also freeze the cake for up to three months, but you’ll need to thaw it overnight in the fridge before serving.
How many calories are in Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe?
Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe has 190 calories per serving; it contains 3 net carbs. Regarding nutrition, the snack cake contains protein, vitamins, and minerals and has no sodium.
It’s also made with whole grains (such as oatmeal or wheat), so it has more dietary fiber than other snack cakes made with refined grains such as white flour.
Is Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe good for weight loss?
Yes, Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is good for weight loss. It has just 4 grams of fat per serving and 21g of carbohydrate. So it can help lose weight, especially with a low-calorie diet.
The snack cake is also a source of protein, which helps to steady blood glucose levels after a meal and suppress appetite. So you will feel full longer than usual and have less desire to eat between meals.
Is Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yes, Vanilla Snack Cake Recipe is gluten-free. It does not contain gluten ingredients and is safe for those with gluten allergies.
If you love making snack recipes, try this Vanilla Cookie Recipe. It is delicious and easy to make, and you can forever say goodbye to those unhealthy snacks. This is the best way to get the nutrition you need throughout your day.
I hope you would love to cook homemade snack recipes after reading this article, and I am sure you will be able to find several other easy and healthy recipes. These are very easy and quick snack recipes that are tasty.