In the world of food, the Toston Burger is king. A typical American eats more than 160 pounds of beef every year; that’s enough to fill a large laundry basket, and it’s only getting worse.
Beef production emits up to 10x as much greenhouse gas emissions as some plant-based foods, and cows emit methane, exacerbating climate change.
- 1 How to make Toston Burger
- 2 Nutrition facts of Toston Burger
- 3 Benefits of Toston Burger
- 4 Best 5 Freezing Ideas of Toston Burger
- 5 Is It Good For Heart Patients?
- 6 Is It Gluten-Free?
- 7 Is It Kosher?
- 8 Is This Recipe Is Vegan And Vegetarian?
- 9 Is This Recipe Vegan?
- 10 Is It Nut-Free?
- 11 Conclusion
How to make Toston Burger
- 2-3lbs ground sirloin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a bowl,
- mix the ground beef,
- bread crumbs and salt and Pepper.
1. Form the meat into a hamburger patty and make sure it is packed full. Wrap with plastic wrap and form into a cylindrical shape to be easily rolled.
2. In a heated pan, add the meat on one side of the same shape as in step 1 and place the finished burger over medium-high heat on top of the hot pan.
3. Place a round-bottomed pot lid on top of the burger, and place a 3-5 lb weight on top of the cover to press it down.
You will have to experiment with the weight–too much, and your burger will be cooked in the center but undercooked on the outside. Too little, and you’ll have a quarter-inch thick burger that takes 10 mins to cook.
4. Let the burger cook for about 5-7 mins on each side, and then cut it in half to let the inside cook. You are done when you can see that the inside is no longer pink!
5. Place a slice of cheese on each half and melt using indirect heat.
6. Add the whole burger and any juices to the skillet with the cheese on top. Don’t overcook, and make sure to flip it once in a while so that all sides cook evenly.
7. Use a spatula or tongs to slide it off the grill, and serve hot!
Nutrition facts of Toston Burger
|calories from fat||135.1|
|Total Fat||15.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||6.6 g|
Benefits of Toston Burger
1. Great for your health. There are only a few unprocessed foods that give you the benefits of both beef and pork, and the Toston Burger is one of them.
According to a famous nutritional theorist named Dr. Esselstyn, people who eat a diet rich in saturated fats and extremely low in carbohydrates have significantly lower rates of heart disease.
2. Toston Burger can help fight world hunger. By eating Toston Burger, you’re helping reduce the number of cows that are needed for food (and cow farts) and make it easier for the earth to sustain human life in the future by eating less meat.
3. It seems like a good deal to me! The combined cost of 2lb ground turkey and 1lb ground beef is about $7, whereas an average price for one pound of meat alone is $6.
Best 5 Freezing Ideas of Toston Burger
1. Roll the Toston Burger into small log-shaped pieces in plastic wrap and store them in your freezer for a rainy day.
If you love meat, wait until you are about to cook it. Otherwise, it may not go well before you get a chance to cook it.
2. Cook-off whatever amount of Toston Burger you desire, and store the rest in an air-tight container filled with broth or olive oil.
3. Cook off the Toston Burger twice. The second time you cook it, increase the cooking time and temperature.
After this second cooking, cool down the Toston Burger and then slice into thin strips for an excellent stir fry!
4. Cook two Toston Burgers on opposite sides of your grill at a medium-high temperature for about 8-10 minutes each.
Eat one, and then put the other in a container and store it in your freezer for later. After a few months, you can cook it again and eat it like a lettuce wrap.
5. Make all of your meat meals during the week ahead, and then keep them in the fridge for easy meal planning during the week.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
It can be. The Toston Burger is one of the few low-carbohydrate, high-fat foods healthy.
According to Dr. Esselstyn, heart patients should eat a diet full of whole plant foods and avoid animal products as much as possible.
Is It Gluten-Free?
No. A lot of people are allergic to gluten. Even if you aren’t, some restaurants treat Toston Burger with many spices and other ingredients containing gluten.
Since the recipe is so simple, there is no need to add anything to it–and anyway, I think that’s a waste of extra calories.
Is It Kosher?
No. There is never any reason for meat to be kosher, except for Passover and when one’s grandmother asks politely for it.
Is This Recipe Is Vegan And Vegetarian?
Yes. There are no animal products in the Toston Burger recipe, and it’s very easy to make a vegan version by using the same ingredients and substituting vegetable broth for the beef broth.
Is This Recipe Vegan?
Yes. No animals were harmed in the process of making this recipe.
Is It Nut-Free?
Yes. The only nuts used are coconut, and they are organic–which is exceptional since organic coconut does not exist! (due to its high demand).
The Toston Burger is a great, easy-to-cook meal that’s fun to make and tastes amazing. As one of the only healthful burger recipes, the Toston Burger has a lot of saturated fat and very few carbohydrates.