Tito’s Punch Chili’s Recipe that I have made for years. The best thing about this recipe is that it can be modified to your taste and preference.
It has only five ingredients: ground beef, onions, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and chili powder. It also tastes great with corn chips or baked potatoes on the side!
You can make it as spicy or not spicy, depending on how much chili powder you use. This recipe will also work well if you want to make a vegetarian version substituting meat for mushrooms (or another type of vegetables).
Tito’s Punch Chili’s Recipe
- 1/2 cup dark beer (such as Negra Modelo)
- 3 whole chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3 cups)
Recipe courtesy of Roberto Santibanez from Brooklyn, New York. The recipe serves 4 to 6 people.
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring beer to a simmer. Add chipotles and remove them from heat.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef with onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic until cooked through; drain excess fat from pan.
Return the mixture to the saucepan of beer and add cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, and flour. Mix well to combine; reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or grease with butter or oil. Spread one cup of the cheese onto the bottom of the pan, followed by half of the beef mixture.
Top with remaining ground beef and cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted throughout.
Source – Recipe courtesy of Roberto Santibanez, Brooklyn, New York Chipotle peppers come in a can. They are dried, smoked jalapenos.
The whole peppers are also called chipotles, and it is used to give the chili’s smoky flavor with incomparable hotness.
I’m making this chili for my family next weekend. I found the recipe online and made a few minor adjustments to fit our taste buds.
For example, I used regular beer instead of dark beer and added beef bouillon for that extra flavor and nutrition boost.
Also, instead of using canned chipotle peppers (which can be intimidating for some people), I used chipotle chili powder, which is milder in spiciness.
The benefit of Tito’s Punch Chili’s Recipe
The benefit of Tito’s Punch Chili’s Recipe is that you will be able to use all that excess garden produce, like tomatoes and other varieties of fresh vegetables.
It’s a great way to utilize what you have in season and to help stretch your food dollars. Using a pressure canner will increase the safety factor in planning for storage in the cupboard in a cool, dry place or root cellar,
out of direct sunlight. Make sure that all garden produce is fresh and free of spoilage before processing.
How To Prepare It More Delicious?
1. [5 pounds ground beef, browned and drained]
2. [ Add all ingredients into a large pot on medium heat until boiling, then reduce to low heat and simmer 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.]
3. [ Let stand 30 minutes before serving or canning at this point.]
4. [Serve with crackers, the bread of your choice.]
5. [Can be placed in the canner on low heat and canned for use over the winter months.]
Tito’s Punch is an excellent choice for those looking to try something different. It combines the best of two worlds with its unique blend of sweet and spicy flavors that will please any palate. If you’re ready to take your Chili experience up a notch, this recipe is worth trying out