The Southern Charm Burger is a barbecue burger, made with shrimp and bacon, all covered in a cheddar cheese sauce.
It’s a southern-style gastronomic delight that is sure to please your taste buds while staying true to its roots.
If you love the southern charm of barbecue or have always wanted to try it and this particular burger sounds good to you, then this is the right recipe for you!
- 1 How to make The Southern Charm Burger
- 2 The Nutrition Facts of The Southern Charm Burger
- 3 The Health Benefits of The Southern Charm Burger
- 4 Can I freeze it?
- 5 How do I store it?
- 6 Which wine pairs well with this meal?
- 7 Where can you buy it?
- 8 How to eat?
- 9 How about a drink?
- 10 The Bottom Line
How to make The Southern Charm Burger
- 1 pound of shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 8 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder Seasoning mixture to taste
1. Heat your barbecue or grill pan at medium heat. Add the shrimp and sauté for about 5 minutes until turning pink and tender.
2. Cook the bacon in a non-stick pan over medium high heat until almost done. Add the bell pepper and continue cooking until the bacon is done.
3. Spoon the ketchup, worcestershire sauce and garlic powder into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. When you’re ready to assemble your burger, add a tablespoon of the mixture to each side of one shrimp patty and place on a bun or roll. Top with a bacon, bell pepper and shrimp round. Cover with more sauce and the top bun or roll.
5. Serve the Southern Charm Burger with your favorite side dishes.
You may like: Piedmontese Burger: Top 4 Health Nutrition Piedmontese Burger
The Nutrition Facts of The Southern Charm Burger
|Total Fat||74 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||39 g|
The Health Benefits of The Southern Charm Burger
This burger is red and orange vegetables-loaded, which means it’s full of the carotenoids that give these vegetables their color.
Carotenoids are compounds that act as antioxidants. They slow down cell damage and may help lower your risk of heart disease, some cancers and age-related eye disease.
This burger also contains selenium, which is a trace mineral that works as an antioxidant in your body to protect your cells from damage by free radicals.
Can I freeze it?
Yes! The Southern Charm Burger freezes well for up to 6 months. However, if you do decide to freeze it, make sure to thaw and cook according to the package directions.
How do I store it?
You should store this burger inside of an airtight container. You can serve it right away or let it sit in the fridge for up to 3 days before serving.
Which wine pairs well with this meal?
A Chardonnay pairs well with the Southern Charm Burger and shrimp making it a mouthwatering, satisfying meal.
For example, try Australia’s Wolf Blass Chardonnay 2010 which has a flavours of vanilla and pineapple or Argentina’s Bodega Noemía Iraola Terroir Chardonnay 2013 which features peaches, nectarines and an explosion of vanilla.
Where can you buy it?
You can buy this burger from Southern Charm Burgers located at Soho and UMC in Downtown. A portion of the profits will be donated to the following organizations.
How to eat?
As with most burgers, it’s best to eat this with your hands.
How about a drink?
Drink an Old Fashioned cocktail made with 2 oz rye whiskey, 1 tsp sugar and a dash of bitters, floated on top of a large ice cube. Then bite into The Southern Charm Burger.
The Bottom Line
The Southern Charm Burger is a delicious way to celebrate southern food and contribute to the community at the same time. This burger is healthier when you eat it as a meal rather than just a snack.