Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito Recipe is a great idea for those who love Mexican-style fast food. Anyone with a deep-fryer and a knife can make these delicious burritos.
They are very easy to prepare but are rather pricey if you’re not willing to invest in the ingredients.
How to make Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito Recipe
Prepare time: 20 min
Cook time: 12 min
Total time: 32 min
- baking sheet
- small bowl
- medium bowl
- Wire rack (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly chopped*
- 1 can (16 ounces) beans, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, and taco sauce. Season with garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well. (You can add more or less salt depending on your preferences.)
Step 2: Using your fingers, flatten the meat mixture into about 1/4-inch-thick disks and place them on a wire rack that has been placed on a baking sheet or cookie sheet.
Step 3: Cook in the preheated 425-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, combine beans, green bell pepper, and taco sauce. Season with garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
Step 5: Remove the meat from the baking or cookie sheet using a spatula and add it to the bean mixture. Mix well until everything is combined. Place in your tortilla shell. Close tortillas with a toothpick if needed.
Step 6: Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before serving.
Nutrition facts of Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito Recipe
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.69 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 66.87 mg
- Sodium: 1031.85 mg
The Best 6 Freezing Ideas for Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito Recipe
1. Wrap the burritos in plastic wrap and place them in storage containers or large resealable plastic bags. Place in your freezer until needed.
2. Wrap the burritos in aluminum foil and place them in storage containers or large resealable plastic bags. Place in your freezer until needed.
3. Wrap the burritos with cookie dough, wrap them in plastic, and freeze it for up to 3 months. Defrost it before serving.
4. Wrap the burritos with puff pastry, wrap them in plastic, and freeze it for up to 3 months. Defrost it before serving.
5. Wrap the burritos with pie dough, wrap them in plastic, and freeze it for up to 3 months. Defrost it before serving.
6. Wrap the burritos with filo dough, wrap them in plastic, and freeze it for up to 3 months. Defrost them before serving.
Health Benefits of Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito Recipe
1. The taco meat is made from beef, onion, and taco sauce. Beef is an excellent source of protein, and it contains essential amino acids that are needed for the formation of new cells. Beef is also rich in zinc and selenium, which boosts metabolism.
2. Onions contain polyphenols called flavonoids, which have been shown to prevent heart disease by lowering blood pressure, regulating bad cholesterol levels, and improving blood circulation so oxygen can be delivered to organs efficiently.
3. Tortillas are an excellent source of calcium and contain vitamin B6, which is important for healthy circulation.
4. Taco sauce is a rich source of vitamins and minerals such as thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin C, folate, pantothenic acid (B5), phosphorus, zinc, and magnesium.
Crisp Meat Burrito recipe air fryer?
If you’re a Mexican-style fast food fan and are willing to invest in a deep-fryer, then you can make this recipe in an air fryer. You won’t need any oil to cook the meat, and the tortilla chips will crisp well.
Taco Time Crisp Chicken Burrito recipe?
The Taco Time Crisp Chicken Burrito Recipe is identical to the Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito Recipe, except that chicken breast replaces ground beef.
Amigos Crisp Meat Burrito recipe?
The Amigos Crisp Meat Burrito recipe is made with seasoned; seasoned ground beef rolled in a tortilla shell. This burrito features savory chunks of queso and sour cream, delicious additions to Mexican-style fast food.
Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito nutrition?
The Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito contains a good amount of calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. It also includes a high amount of sodium, so you might want to avoid adding extra salt when you prepare the meat.
Is Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito gluten-free?
The ingredients in this recipe are not all gluten-free, but the meat is gluten-free as long as it does not come directly with flour or breading. The tortilla shells are also gluten-free.
Taco Time Crisp Beef Burrito calories?
The Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito is one of the most expensive burritos on the menu. A regular-sized burrito contains 280 calories and 16 grams of carbs, and 23 grams of protein.
Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito Price?
The Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito is fairly expensive compared to similar fast food items. A regular-sized burrito costs about $1.70, which is well over three times the price of a regular-sized Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell.
Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito recipe vegetarian?
The ingredients in this recipe are not all vegetarian, but the meat can be made vegetarian by using a meat substitute such as TVP (textured vegetable protein).
Mexican-style fast food is among the most popular types of fast food, and Taco Time is a great place to get a burrito. The quality of the ingredients used in this recipe is high, and the burritos are made from recent high-quality ingredients.
The Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito recipe can be easily made at home with minimal equipment and ingredients.
What is in a Taco Time crisp meat burrito?
The Taco Time Crisp Meat Burrito is made from seasoned ground beef, refried beans, crispy taco chips, taco sauce, green bell pepper, and salsa.
Is Taco Time meat fresh meat?
All the meat used in this recipe is fresh and never frozen. According to the company’s website, Taco Time uses a custom blend of Angus beef that is never frozen.
What’s in Taco Time’s crisp chicken burrito?
The Taco Time Crisp Chicken Burrito Recipe is made from seasoned chicken strips, lettuce, refried beans, green bell pepper, and salsa.
How do you fold a burrito for frying?
To make a burrito for frying, start by placing the tortilla flat on a table so that one of its short sides is facing you. Then place the ingredients in a line down the center of the tortilla.
Fold up the left and right sides of the tortilla so that they meet in the middle above the filling. Lastly, roll up one end over that end of the filling and continue to roll towards you until it forms into a tight cylinder.