Taco Pocket Recipe is a recipe for making a portable taco using tortillas. It uses very few ingredients and is easy to put together.
The recipe comprises three pieces and is perfect for almost any occasion. For example, you can pack it in your lunch, eat as a snack on the go, or serve it at a party/ get-together with friends.
- 1 How to make Taco Pocket Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Taco Pocket Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of Taco Pocket Recipe
- 4 Best 7 Freezing Ideas for Taco Pocket Recipe
- 5 Do you like them with some salsa or chipotle sauce?
- 6 What are taco pockets made of?
- 7 Do you have a recipe or a tip to share?
- 8 How do you fold a taco pocket?
- 9 How do you cook Old El Paso pockets?
- 10 Taco pockets with tortillas?
- 11 Taco Pockets with the pie crust?
- 12 Conclusion
How to make Taco Pocket Recipe
Prepare time: 5 min
Cook time: 7 min
Equipment of Taco Pocket Recipe
- Food Processor (optional)
- Rolling Pin
Ingredients of Taco Pocket Recipe
- 3 tortillas
- 3 tbsp of shredded cheese/salsa/horchata (optional)
- 1 tsp of crushed onion flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder/coriander powder/salt, to taste (optional)
Preparation of Taco Pocket Recipe
Step 1: Combine the ingredients in a food processor. Process until mixed well. Please take out the mixture and spread it on one side of each tortilla. Roll the tortillas starting from the side without any medicine.
Step 2: Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Place the rolled tortillas with the tortilla side facing down in the pan. Cook until lightly browned, about 5-7mins. Flip over and cook another 2 mins.
Step 3: Set aside to cool down and cut into 3 pieces using a knife or a pizza cutter.
Step 4: Serve with taco sauce, salsa, and cilantro as desired for an authentic Mexican treat.
Nutrition facts of Taco Pocket Recipe
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Starch: 3g
- Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 432mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Potassium: 133mg
Health Benefits of Taco Pocket Recipe
This recipe contains 4 percent of the daily recommended consumption of iron. This mineral is essential for carrying oxygen-rich blood throughout the body.
It also helps in keeping bones strong, especially when combined with calcium. Iron also plays an important role in cell growth and repair.
Avocados are a fruit and a good source of monounsaturated fatty acids that help lower bad cholesterol. They also contain a lot of fiber, which helps regulate the digestive process.
Moreover, avocados contain vitamins like E and K, folate, and potassium. Potassium is an important component in cells and body fluids that helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
Best 7 Freezing Ideas for Taco Pocket Recipe
1. Freeze Taco Pocket Recipe in a freezer bag and add them to your lunch box/ backpack.
2. If you are making this recipe as a snack, you can freeze it in single portions in ice cube trays and store them in your freezer.
3. You can freeze this recipe and then use it to make tacos, burritos, taquitos, or nachos when needed.
4. Make Taco Pockets for a quick and delicious lunch. They can be filled up with your favorite veggies and meat.
5. Make a large quantity of these taco pockets and store them in the freezer. You can heat them when needed or take them out for a party/ get-together with friends.
6. You can also freeze the filling of this recipe, put it into a zip lock bag, flatten it down, and then put it into your freezer to use as needed.
7. Taco pockets are also a perfect way to add protein to your diet. Add toppings like cheese, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
Do you like them with some salsa or chipotle sauce?
To make Taco Pocket Recipe, feel free to change the spices and ingredients in this recipe. Add more garlic powder, cilantro, chili powder, and cumin powder if you prefer a spicier dish.
What are taco pockets made of?
The filling for taco pockets is made of finely chopped onion, fresh cilantro, and fresh coriander. These herbs are typically used in Mexican cooking to add taste to a dish.
Feel free to share your favorite recipes, food tips, and nutrition advice with us! We would love to hear from you! You can also connect with us by following our social media pages. If you want some more recipes that are perfect for freezing, visit here.
How do you fold a taco pocket?
You can find many different ways to fold a taco pocket. Some people like to use the back of a spoon, while others use their fists. If you are interested in this method, you can periodically cut open the pocket and pinch it shut with your fingers, creating the flaps.
How do you cook Old El Paso pockets?
Heat a frying pan on medium heat to cook Old El Paso pockets. Then, place the tortilla roll-ups in the pan and cook; flip it over and cook the other side. Ensure you don’t overcook it, as it can easily burn.
Taco pockets with tortillas?
Yes, you can make them with tortillas and some types of taco shells. You can complete the tacos if you have a favorite brand of corn tortillas.
Taco Pockets with the pie crust?
You can also use the filling and a pie crust for making these taco pockets. Make your pie crust according to the instructions on the box. Then, use that dough to seal up the taco pockets. After you have done it, cook it until it is done and eat it with some salsa cilantro sauce.
If you are looking for a filling Taco Pocket Recipe that you can cook in a few minutes and then store in the freezer for later use, this recipe is just for you.
Freeze it and take it out whenever you want for a Mexican treat. Taco pockets are easy to make and perfect if you want to cut down on carbs.