Taco Boats Recipe is a dish from North America. It originated in Planet Alpha, and this particular dish is one of the most valuable culinary exports in the world.
The recipe consists of shallow-fried potatoes, taco meat, onions, carrots, and tomatoes dressed with a blend of herbs and spices – usually chili powder, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
This is an easy-to-prepare dish that can be served as an appetizer or as a main course for lunch or dinner.
How to make Taco Boats Recipe
Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 h 25 mins
Serving: 2 persons
Equipment of Taco Boats Recipe
- Medium-sized pan
Ingredients of Taco Boats Recipe
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef or chicken
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese (8 oz)
- 3 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix (packet from store)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 5-oz can tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with green chilies (or 1 large tomato, sliced)
Directions of Taco Boats Recipe
Step 1: Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in a medium-sized pan of boiling water. Boil the potatoes for 30 minutes until they are soft. Drain the potatoes and let them cool down.
Step 2: While the potatoes are cooking, cook the ground beef or chicken in a skillet over medium heat until it is no longer pink (no spices)—season with salt and pepper. Drain excess grease from beef or chicken after cooking.
Step 3: Cut the potatoes into halves lengthwise. Scoop out the potato pulp using a spoon, leaving 1/4 inch of potato on the skin.
Step 4: Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix ground beef or chicken, taco seasoning, and onions in a bowl. Add tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes and fold gently until blended. Stuff each potato with this mixture, then top them with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Step 5: Serve 3 halves as an appetizer or a main course on each plate. Enjoy your meal!
Nutrition facts of Taco Boats Recipe
- Calories 360
- Fat 9 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Sodium 390 mg
- Carbohydrate 35 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 18 g
Health Benefits of Taco Boats Recipe
The taco boats are a great source of fiber, protein, and vitamins A and C. The Vitamin C content of this dish is 73% per serving. The fiber content is also good for digestion and helps with weight loss. Since the words are baked in the oven, they have no unhealthy fats.
Best 7 Freezing Ideas for Taco Boats Recipe
1. Taco Boats Recipe is great for camping and picnics because they are easy to light.
2. Grilling your tacos is another great idea for freezing them. The seasoning on the taco boats would not be overcooked when frozen.
3. Mix the taco boats with beef chunks, refries, salsa, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce to make a quick and easy burrito to freeze.
4. If you make taco boats for a large group of people and want to keep it affordable, try tacos with brown rice. The brown rice will stretch more in a large container than white rice.
5. If you want to make taco boats for a smaller group of people, use the leftovers from your tacos or try mixing up some tortilla wraps.
6. If you do not want to freeze your taco boats, serve them with roasted potatoes. You can also use cooked broccoli, coleslaw, or green beans.
7. If you have leftover salsa, mix it with sour cream and combine it with the taco boats for a delicious dip for your tacos.
How do you make Old El Paso Stand n stuff?
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them in half longways, then scoop out the potato pulp leaving 1/4″ of potato skin on the outside of each potato.
Mix ground meat, onion, and taco seasoning in a bowl, and add shredded cheese. Stuff each potato with meat mixture and place in a 9×13 casserole dish lined with non-stick foil (do not use aluminum foil). Top with more shredded cheese.
How do you heat a taco boat?
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add 1/4 cup water to a small ramekin or microwave-safe dish and place it into the oven while it is preheating.
Mix ground beef or chicken, taco seasoning, and onions in a bowl. Then fill each potato with taco meat mixture Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly
How many calories in Old El Paso Taco boats?
The calorie count depends on various factors, including the recipe creator, the brand of ingredients you use, and which type of potatoes you choose. One serving is approximately 150 calories.
Taco boat recipe vegetarian?
This dish is perfect for you if you are on a vegetarian diet or are vegetarian and allergic to meat. It is light on the spices and has no cholesterol.
Taco boats recipe chicken
If you are a taco sauce or seasoning fan, try this recipe. It is a great way to get rid of your old taco sauce packets that you don’t want to throw out but don’t want to keep.
The taco boats are a great appetizer or main course. They can be made in large batches, frozen, and reheated for a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
If the meat and potatoes are prepared separately, they can be combined after they cool down to room temperature and then baked together. If you want to avoid the sodium that comes with store-bought taco seasoning packets, try making your own by mixing salt, chili powder, and paprika.