Taco Bell Crunchwrap Recipe is a well-known menu item that is a favorite at Taco Bell. It packs in grilled seasoned beef, shredded cheddar cheese, nacho cheese sauce, tomatoes, and crunchy red tortilla strips, all wrapped up in a large flour tortilla.
It’s easy to see why this Crunchwrap has been on the Taco Bell menu since 1997. This combination of savory ingredients wrapped up in a wrap is perfect for those looking for an intoxicating blend of flavors and different textures.
How to make Taco Bell Crunchwrap Recipe
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 to 4 people
- Large Frying Pan
- Paper Towel
- Cutting Board
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef (Fried)
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix (Fried)
- 4 Tablespoons Water (Fried)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Fried)
- 1 Large Flour Tortilla (Fried and Smashed flat with the bottom of the drinking glass or a rolling pin.)
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or to Taste (Optional) (Fried)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 cup of Nacho Cheese Sauce (Fried)
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomatoes (Raw) (Optional, Fried)
Step 1: Fry your ground beef in a large pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with taco seasoning and cayenne pepper. Turn your heat to medium and fry until the ground beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. It would help if you were careful not to overcook it since you want it to be juicy and moist in your Crunchwrap.
Step 2: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a separate frying pan. Once your olive oil has heated, smash your flour tortilla flat with the bottom of a drinking glass or a rolling pin and fry until it is crunchy. This should only take about 2-3 minutes.
Step 3: Wrap up your tortilla in foil and keep it warm in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Heat up your nacho cheese sauce in a separate frying pan. Add in your chopped tomatoes and cook until they are caramelized.
Step 5: Layer the ground beef at the bottom of your tortilla, followed by the cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and nacho cheese sauce.
Step 6: Start rolling up your Crunchwrap. Being careful not to break it as you roll. Serve and Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Taco Bell Crunchwrap Recipe
- Total Calories: 671
- Total Carbs: 31 gr.
- Total Fat: 28 gr.
- Saturated Fat: 11 gr.
- Sodium: 424 mg.
- Cholesterol: 62 mg.
- Sugar: 8 gr.
- Protein: 41 gr
Health Benefits of Taco Bell Crunchwrap Recipe
This Crunchwrap has it all, and it’s good for you too. The ground beef is seasoned with taco seasoning and a little cayenne pepper making the ground beef flavorful and spicy.
You are also getting the health benefits of raw and fried olive oil, which contains healthy monounsaturated fats that can lower your bad cholesterol levels.
The nacho cheese sauce is made with a minimal amount of milk, generally considered to be healthier than full-fat milk. Tomatoes are also a good source of potassium and fiber, both naturally occurring.
Great 7 Freezing Ideas for Taco Bell Crunchwrap Recipe
1. The Crunchwrap can also be served with lettuce and tomato for a tasty meal on a crunchy leaf.
2. If you don’t need a full meal, you could easily grab a couple of Crunchwraps and eat them as is.
3. You can recycle the use of your large flour tortilla by wrapping your Crunchwrap in another taco shell or even covering it with lettuce leaves to make lettuce tacos!
4. For a fun game of “crunch” with your Crunchwrap, try “crunch craving” (no, really). Take the tortilla (or shell) out of your Crunchwrap and eat it. Then take the rest of the Crunchwrap and wrap it up like a burrito.
5. Use your Crunchwrap to make a taco salad for your next meal. Lettuce, tomato, salsa, and nacho cheese sauce to produce a Taco Salad.
6. Freeze the rest of your hard-to-eat tortilla shells and use them as ice cube trays. Place some crushed-up Crunchwraps in the tortilla shells and pop them in a freezer bag to save for future taco nights.
7. You can also make a nacho cheese sauce out of it. Just melt some nacho cheese in a saucepan, add your cayenne pepper and crackers and enjoy!
Crunchwrap Supreme calories?
The Crunchwrap Supreme is the most popular menu item for Taco Bell, and it has been for a good reason. It packs delicious ingredients like seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese sauce, and cheddar cheese, all wrapped up in a large flour tortilla.
The Crunchwrap Supreme contains an estimated 710 calories. You can find out if this will be a calorie bomb or not by using our food calorie calculator tool.
Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme?
Wouldn’t it be awesome to add some grilled chicken strips and make a Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme? Sure, it would be.
This is one of the most popular Menu items at Taco Bell, and it has been for a good reason. If you are looking for a healthy crunch wrap recipe, you will have to look elsewhere.
What was in the 7-layer crunchwrap?
The 7-layer crunch wrap came from the heart of the great state of Texas. This big taco-style wrap is filled with beef, beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and nacho cheese sauce. It was as delicious as it was messy to eat.
How much does a Chicken Crunchwrap cost?
The chicken crunch wrap is great for 2.99 dollars at most locations. You will have a large flour tortilla with juicy chicken strips.
The chicken crunch wrap is filled with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado. The “lettuce sour cream” is a pile of shredded iceberg lettuce that you can add to your favorite sauces.
What sides go with a crunchwrap?
You can’t eat a crunch wrap without getting some fries. The fries are fresh and hot, making them the perfect side item for your crunch wrap supreme. If you don’t want to get fries, you could also try the five-layer burrito or an order of cinnamon twists for only 99¢ at most locations.
This is the best Crunchwrap recipe that you can make at home. It may take some time to perfect your recipe, but it will be well worth it in the end.
This Crunchwrap doesn’t require much time to prepare, making it a fast food favorite for people on the go. You could also easily use this recipe as a base to combine with other ingredients that you like.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did. If you like Taco Bell, then be sure to give it a try when you get the chance. Do you have any questions or comments? Leave them in the comment section below, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.