Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe is a new recipe that is a wild fusion of the Mexican taco with Cajun flavors and a surf and turf twist. Paired with mango-habanero salsa, it’s a refreshing change of taste for fans to try out.
These tacos are sizzling hot as they contain sliced filet mignon and pork loin that has been tenderized in seasoning crisps. You can also find jalapeño lime sauce to give this meal an extra kick.
How to make Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe
- Prepare time: 20 Min
- Cook time: 10 Min
- Level: Medium Serves: 6 people
- 1 ½ pound pork tenderloin
- 2 pounds filet mignon
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (1 can)
- 1/4 cup light teriyaki sauce (1 can)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (1 lime)
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
Step 1: Mix salsa, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, and jalapeño.
Step 2: In a plastic bag, combine garlic and season crisps. Shake until well mixed.
Step 3: Coat pork tenderloin with half of the marinade and place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Step 4: Whisk the remaining marinade with salt and pepper to form a paste. Rub paste over filet mignon, then cover with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Step 5: Heat grill pan to medium. Cook filet mignon for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Step 6: To make tacos, place pork tenderloin in each taco shell and top with cheese, salsa verde, and salsa.
Step 7: Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Nutrition facts of Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe
- Calories: 555
- Fat: 15.4g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3g
- Protein: 52.2g
- Sodium: 590mg
- Fiber: 4.5g
Health Benefits of Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe
Pork tenderloin is low-fat meat and contains good nutrients to help reduce cholesterol levels. It has high amounts of vitamins B12 and B6. Filet mignon is a very lean red meat.
It has omega-3 fatty acids, healthy fats that are good for the heart. These tacos are rich in iron which helps with the production of hemoglobin and boosts the immune system, helping to prevent infections.
7 Easy Serving Ideas for Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe
1. Serve on lettuce leaves with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and chopped red onions.
2. Add chopped avocado over the top and sprinkle with crumbled tortilla chips.
3. Top with shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, diced green onions, and sour cream for a Tex-Mex twist.
4. Use pita bread to make burger tacos by placing ground beef in the center of pita bread, then top it with cheese and chili sauce or sour cream.
5. Add chopped avocado over the top for a healthy twist.
6. Serve on freshly baked tortilla chips and add extra salsa verde, sour cream, and chopped avocados.
7. For seafood fans, try seafood tacos by using a tilapia filet in place of the pork tenderloin or substitute any good quality fish with shellfish. Add red onion, diced tomato, and shredded cheddar cheese to taste.
Mexican surf and turf
For an extra kick, serve these tacos with a mango-habanero salsa recipe. This salsa has a sweet and spicy flavor that brings a new twist to the surf and turf idea.
To make mango-habanero salsa, place mango, habanero peppers, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, then add more salt as needed. Serve with tortilla chips or over tacos.
Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe Price
The price to make Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe is around $9.00 (US dollars). You may also save on the cost by giving up the luxuries like filet mignon and opting for chicken breast instead.
Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe review
Surf And Turf Tacos Recipe is a simple yet delicious recipe that almost anyone can make. It is an easy recipe that is quick to prepare in around 20 minutes.
You could substitute surf and turf with shellfish to make a healthier meal. The mix of pork tenderloin and filet mignon gives an authentic taste to the tacos.
This recipe is for you if you are looking for a new twist on tacos. If you have surf and turf on your mind, look no further because this recipe brings them together to create an authentic and original Mexican taco.
This is a quick and easy recipe that will appeal to almost everyone. It is also perfect for parties or a light meal that can be made any time of the day. You can serve it as an appetizer or main dish, so there are many ways to make these tacos tasty.