Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe is a great steak recipe. It is very easy to cook, and it’s a delicious meat that can be served in tacos or burritos.
The flavor is different from other cooking methods, as it has a sweet taste with a subtle smokey flavor. This dish requires only a few ingredients, like seasoned salt, onion powder, black pepper, dried oregano, and garlic powder. They are perfect on their own or when served in tacos.
- 1 How to make Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
- 4 Best 7 Variations for Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
- 5 Grilled sirloin steak tacos?
- 6 Sirloin steak for tacos?
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQ
How to make Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
Prepare time: 5 min
Start to finish: 20 min
Yield: 4 Servings
- Sirloin steak
- Sirloin steak
- 4 (6 oz) Sirloin Steaks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Salt (I used kosher salt)
- 1/2 cup Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons Dried Oregano (or use the fresh oregano you find in supermarkets the same way you use dill weed)
- 3 teaspoons Garlic Powder
Step 1: Mix seasonings and set aside.
Step 2: Toss steak to coat with seasoned salt.
Step 3: Make a zig-zag pattern with onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Step 4: Heat the grill to 400 degrees F. Sear the steak on both sides for 3 minutes and then place them on the grill over direct heat for 7-8 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time or until the desired doneness is reached (I prefer medium rare).
Once the steaks are sizzling on both sides, place them on a baking sheet for 5 minutes to grill the seasonings into the steaks. Place back on the grill for another 2 minutes (careful not to overcook). Remove from heat, and let rest for 10 mins; in a medium size bowl, toss the steaks with butter and grated cheese.
Step 5: To make the tacos, set up two taco shells or warm tortillas per person. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, and place 1/2 cup (1 lb.) of cooked steak on the skillet.
Top with 1/4 cup grated cheese and 2 tablespoons of the pico de gallo. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Fold taco shells or warm tortillas in half and top with steak, cheese, and pico de gallo on each side.
Step 6: Store leftover steak in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 10 g
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Carbs: 6 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 120 mg
Health Benefits of Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
Being a lean cut of meat, sirloin steak is a good source of protein, which makes up for the calories. It is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and amino acids, which will help lower cholesterol.
This dish is high in protein and supplies you with all the essential amino acids you need to build muscle mass. Not to mention, it provides 23 percent of your daily calcium requirement and vitamin B12 and zinc.
These nutrients also help protect cells from damage caused by chronic inflammation. The steak also contains potassium, which helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure. Finally, sirloin steak has a high content of vitamin E, which is essential in your daily diet. It helps reduce the signs of aging and regenerate skin cells.
Best 7 Variations for Sirloin Steak Tacos Recipe
1. Sirloin Steak Tacos can also be seasoned with your favorite salsa and topped with cheese or guacamole. From Mexican to Greek, there are endless options for toppings.
2. Sirloin Steak Tacos can also be served as burritos or tacos, stuffing a flour tortilla with your favorite ingredients, such as shredded lettuce and beans, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream.
3. You can also serve steak tacos with a side of guacamole.
4. Another great way to serve steak tacos is as lettuce wraps by making meatballs, stuffing a leaf with the meat and toppings, then folding it over in half and rolling it into a taco shape.
5. If you prefer eating your taco in a burrito or tortilla, you can pair the beer-braised steak with cheese and avocado crumbles in your choice of tortilla or wrap.
6. Make a grilled cheese steak version by examining it and then topping it with cheese in a burrito or tortilla.
7. Sirloin steak can also be used to make steak tacos by adding some chopped fresh cilantro and onions into the meat mixture before cooking.
Grilled sirloin steak tacos?
I don’t know about you, but I’m sold. I think these will be great for dinner! As I throw these together, I can imagine the aroma of all that garlic, onion powder, and oregano wafting through my house. This recipe is a definite winner in my book!
If you want to learn more ways to cook sirloin steak, watch this video for the recipe and some helpful tips.
Sirloin steak for tacos?
This is one of four dishes I have to make my family happy this week. I have plenty of taco recipes on the blog, but this one will be a favorite.
It’s not very common for me to make steak, but that’s what happens when you live in a small town where you can’t find chicken sausage or ground beef!
This is one of the first times I have tried sirloin steak, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was surprised by how tender and perfect it was for tacos. It also has a nice bite to it.
As I said before, it has that sweet taste with a subtle smokey flavor that is wonderful in this recipe. This steak taco recipe gives you the best of both worlds because you can add whatever toppings your family prefers.
What kind of steak is best for steak tacos?
I used sirloin steak for this recipe, but any kind of steak is great for the recipe. You can use the same cooking process; adjust the amount of seasoning you use.
What cut of meat is best for beef tacos?
This recipe uses sirloin steak, but you can use any steak for beef tacos. Remember that the cooking time will vary, depending on the cut of meat you prefer. If you use a tougher cut of meat, such as a chuck or brisket, cook it longer to make it tender.
Is Sirloin ground beef good for tacos?
If you are trying to replace ground beef with sirloin steak for tacos, you can use the same cooking process; adjust the amount of seasoning you use. You will also want to add taco seasoning ingredients such as peppers and red paprika,…
What kind of meat is used for tacos?
Taco meat is typically made with ground beef, but that’s not your only option. It’s easy to use steak to make tacos at home. Remember that the cooking process may vary, depending on which type of meat you prefer…