Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe is a copycat recipe that makes the most restaurant-quality shredded chicken burrito at home.
With this recipe, you can enjoy Taco Bell’s delicious flavors without ever going there! This recipe is a copycat of the shredded chicken burrito on the Taco Bell menu.
There are many recipes online for how to make this, but I guarantee none of them will produce it as well as a restaurant-quality version.
- 1 How to make Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
- 3 Easy 8 Serving Ideas of Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
- 4 Health Benefits of Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
- 5 What was in the shredded chicken burrito at Taco Bell?
- 6 Why did Taco Bell stop selling shredded chicken burritos?
- 7 Does Taco Bell use shredded chicken?
- 8 What sauce is on Taco Bell smothered burrito?
- 9 Is Taco Bell red sauce enchilada sauce?
- 10 Taco Bell Chicken Burrito nutrition?
- 11 Smothered Burrito Taco Bell?
- 12 Conclusion
How to make Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
Prepare time: 20 min
Cook time: 35 min
Serves: 3 to 4
- Large non
- stick skillet (with lid)
- 1 large white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, finely diced
- 1 cup salsa (refrigerated or homemade)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded cheese blend
Step 1: Heat your large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Step 2: Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes. You want a little browning on it, but not too much.
Step 3: Add the salsa and chili powder to the pan and stir well to coat everything with sauce evenly.
Step 4: Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool off for about 10 minutes before adding the cheese.
Step 5: Add the cheese and mix well with the chicken mixture. Serve while warm.
Nutrition facts of Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
- Calories: 689
- Total fat: 26 g
- Saturated fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
- Sodium: 1630 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Fiber 0%
Easy 8 Serving Ideas of Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
1. Add your favorite breakfast items like scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns to make it a breakfast burrito.
2. Fill up tortillas with the burrito and make mini burritos or quesadillas for easy party food.
3. Serve the chicken mixture on top of a bed of lettuce for a healthy spin on taco salad.
4. Stuff your favorite taco shells with this recipe to get the look and taste of the restaurant-style burrito without spending money there.
5. Serve it alongside nacho chips as a fun nacho bar for your next party.
6. Make flour tortilla wraps with the recipe for a low-carb and healthy alternative to regular wheat tortillas.
7. Make a delicious burrito bowl by making this recipe, but instead of serving it in a tortilla, top it on a bed of rice or quinoa.
8. Serve on top of your favorite salad to make a tasty chicken taco salad.
Health Benefits of Shredded Chicken Burrito Taco Bell Recipe
This dish is jam-packed with protein and fiber. The chicken provides lean protein, which helps keep you fuller longer. The salsa adds fiber to your regular diet, keeping you fuller between meals longer. This is a great recipe for those who are trying to lose weight.
What was in the shredded chicken burrito at Taco Bell?
The Taco Bell Shredded Chicken Burrito is a mixture of ground, seasoned chicken, and cheese. The breading used on the chicken was cheddar cheese.
This was the primary reason why this burrito had such a unique taste. The cheddar gave it an extra cheesy flavor and consistency when combined with the salsa and chicken.
Why did Taco Bell stop selling shredded chicken burritos?
Taco Bell discontinued the shredded chicken burrito because it was difficult to keep an on-time supply of shredded cheese at their restaurants.
They found that the shredder tended to grab the cheese and spill it everywhere, resulting in inconsistent portions. This caused customers who wanted a burrito with cheese to have to wait longer than they did before, or else they would not have enough cheese in their burrito.
Does Taco Bell use shredded chicken?
Yes, Taco Bell does use shredded chicken in their burritos. Shredded chicken is very popular in Mexican food, which gives the burrito a unique taste and texture that you do not get from using ground beef or steak.
It also makes the burrito much lighter than if used ground beef or steak because shredded chicken weighs significantly less than either of these meats.
What sauce is on Taco Bell smothered burrito?
If you order a smothered burrito at Taco Bell, it will come with a red sauce to give it an extra kick of flavor. The sauce they use is a mixture of tomatoes, onions, garlic, and spices cooked together over low heat until they form the perfect combination.
Is Taco Bell red sauce enchilada sauce?
Taco Bell does not use authentic Mexican sauce in its burritos. They use a tomato-based sauce made to imitate enchilada sauce’s Mexican flavors. The recipe for the red sauce is a secret, but it is believed to be some of the following ingredients: tomatoes, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and spices.
Taco Bell Chicken Burrito nutrition?
The Taco Bell Chicken Burrito is high in calories and fat while low in carbs. This makes it the perfect food to eat when trying to bulk up, maintain your weight, or lose weight.
It has a high amount of protein and fiber, which will help you feel full fast while avoiding getting bloated or constipated from eating too much cheese.
Smothered Burrito Taco Bell?
The smothered burrito, also known as a supreme burrito, is the same burrito that Taco Bell sells but has extra cheese and sauce. This gives the burrito more flavor from the extra cheese and kicks up the spice level with the extra Mexican red sauce.
With its delicious flavors and Mexican spices, the taco bell shredded chicken burrito is one of the best options to choose from if you want to get authentic Mexican flavors without traveling outside your home.
The cheddar cheese breading used outside gives it an extra taste you do not find in other burritos. It is great for a quick lunch, casual dinner, or even a late-night snack.