See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe comes from the See’s Candy Company in San Francisco, California. It is a recipe for a lollipop made with three ingredients:
marshmallow creme, corn syrup, and sugar. To make this candy lollipop Recipe, you will need a See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe thermometer found here.
How to make See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole graham crackers)
- 1-1/4 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts)
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut (8 ounces)
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
1. Melt chocolate on the double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, occasionally stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
2. Beat egg whites in a medium bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar until stiff but not dry. Fold one-third of the meringue into cooled chocolate.
3. Fold a second third of the meringue into the chocolate mixture; fold until no white streaks remain—be careful not to deflate the meringue. Fold in the remaining meringue.
4. Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe mixture onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets in strips 1 inch wide by 8 inches long, leaving 2 inches between strips.
5. Or drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Smooth tops of candy; draw fork tines through to create stripes if desired. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or until set but not dry.
6. Tie long, narrow strips of waxed paper around each candy. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for 2 weeks.
7. To serve, break into irregularly shaped pieces.
Nutrition facts of See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe
|Total fat||2 gm|
|Saturated fat||1 gm|
|1 gm||9 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 gm|
Best 9 Health Nutrition of See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe
1. Vitamin A, a retinol antioxidant, helps to protect cells from free-radical damage.
2. Vitamin B6 helps in metabolism and protein synthesis.
3. Mg helps in nervous system function and muscle contraction.
4. Folate or Folic Acid is necessary for the normal growth and development of cells.
5. Vitamin C is important for collagen production, healing, and immune system functions.
6. Manganese is a component of several enzymes essential in energy production, bone structure maintenance, and sugar metabolism.
7. Niacin, also known as Vitamin B3, helps in converting food into cellular energy and the breakdown of fat and protein.
8. Pantothenic acid helps convert food into cellular energy, protects organs from stress, and mitigates allergies.
9. Iron is needed for oxygen transport throughout the body; it is necessary to produce red blood cells, which carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
Can I Freeze It?
Freezing: Yes, you can freeze this candy when it is completely cooled. Layer between wax paper in a freezer container. Freeze up to 6 months.
Is It Healthy?
This candy isn’t particularly healthy, but it is low in sodium and saturated fat and high in calcium, which means that it is not as harmful as most desserts.
Is It Worth The Calories?
As with most desserts, this candy is not worth the calories. It is high in sugar and fat and does not provide much nutritional value.
Desserts are best enjoyed on very rare occasions; when you do eat one, opt for a dessert that provides some benefits to your health.
Is It Gluten-Free?
The ingredient list contains gluten, and the recipe was developed using graham cracker crumbs, which are not considered gluten-free.
Is It Kosher?
The ingredients used in this recipe are not See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe. The only certified kosher element is corn syrup, which comes from corn, which is also not regarded as kosher.
Is It Halal?
The ingredients used in this recipe are not halal.
Can I Eat It Raw?
Yes, you can eat some of this candy raw. You can also mix it with some water and freeze it to make a slushie.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Pregnant women should avoid this candy, as well as all other desserts. It is high in sugar and fat and does not provide any nutritional value.
Is It Vegetarian?
Yes, the ingredients used in See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe recipe are all vegetarian-friendly.
What To Do With Leftovers?
You can store the See’s Candy Lollipop Recipe in an airtight container for one month.
If you are looking for a lollipop recipe that is easy to follow and tastes great, look no further than the See’s Candy lollipop recipe.
It is simple to make and delicious to eat. This is the end of this article, and we hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Take care and be well!