Recipe For Taco Wraps is a quick and easy high-protein vegetarian recipe for lunch, dinner or an anytime snack.
All you need is a couple of flour tortillas, a can of refried beans and tomatoes, some low-fat cheese (optional) and taco seasoning.
This recipe is perfect for the whole family. Make it a meal by adding black beans or ground turkey to the mix to turn it into a meatless taco salad.
- 1 How to make Recipe for Taco Wraps
- 2 Nutrition Facts of Recipe For Taco Wraps
- 3 Health Benefits of Recipe for Taco Wraps
- 4 Easy 7 Serving Ideas for Recipe For Taco Wraps
- 5 Is Recipe For Taco Wraps Healthy?
- 6 Is Recipe For Taco Wraps gluten-free?
- 7 What to Pair with Recipe For Taco Wraps?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQ
How to make Recipe for Taco Wraps
Prepare time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 200g lean ground beef (or low-fat ground turkey)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tbsp taco seasoning (optional)
- 1 can (400g) pinto or black beans
Step 1: Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet. When ground beef is fully cooked, add salt and pepper (be careful not to overcook it, you don’t want it to be too dry)
Step 2: Add black beans and taco seasoning (if using) to the skillet. Stir well until combined.
Step 3: Warm a tortilla on an electric griddle (or press). Fill the tortilla with 1/3 of the filling and roll it up from the bottom.
Step 4: Serve with your choice of toppings (sour cream, guacamole, salsa…).
Nutrition Facts of Recipe For Taco Wraps
- Calories: 302
- kcal Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Protein: 20.6 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 1,030 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 9.
Health Benefits of Recipe for Taco Wraps
Recipe For Taco Wraps is a quick and easy high-protein vegetarian recipe that you can feel good about eating and serving often. Low in sugar and sodium, this healthy recipe can fight hunger pangs just by adding it to your diet.
Ingredients such as lean ground beef and black beans provide plenty of protein without feeling overly stuffed, while the can of refried beans gives you a generous serving of fibre that will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
A recipe like this should also be a boon to your health. Not only does it curb hunger, but it also helps you stay away from processed ingredients by using only all-natural ingredients in preparing this dish.
Easy 7 Serving Ideas for Recipe For Taco Wraps
1. Serve Recipe For Taco Wraps with a side of corn and a glass of tomato soup for a filling and delicious lunch.
2. Prepare a Recipe For Taco Wraps in the morning and place it in an electric slow cooker. Place the slow cooker on low heat so it will warm by dinnertime. You can also use this recipe to make a taco salad by adding beans and ground turkey before serving.
3. Enjoy Recipe For Taco Wraps as one of the mainstays of your diet by adding it to your daily lunchtime meal rotation. It’s also a good candidate for taking along to work or school if you need something quick and easy that you can feel good about eating.
4. If you’re entertaining, add your favourite toppings to the taco filling and serve with a side salad and cookies for an easy weeknight meal.
5. Serve Recipe For Taco Wraps with black beans, corn, tomatoes and mushrooms for a vegetarian version of chilli.
6. Place a Recipe For Taco Wraps bowl in the middle of the dinner table and add your favourite toppings, such as cilantro, sour cream and guacamole, before serving.
7. Make a batch of healthy tacos ahead of time by preparing this recipe at least four times a week (you can make it even more convenient by packing the filling into containers).
Is Recipe For Taco Wraps Healthy?
It’s always a good idea to watch your sodium intake. Healthy eaters will be happy to know that this is one of the few recipes that doesn’t feature added salt.
On the other hand, if you are going for low-calorie meals, you should know that each taco wrap contains about 300 calories per serving.
Is Recipe For Taco Wraps gluten-free?
You’ll notice in Recipe For Taco Wraps that there is no gluten present in the whole dish, but if you take some of the fillings out (such as the ground beef), you will want to make sure that it’s gluten-free.
What to Pair with Recipe For Taco Wraps?
You can pair this healthy meal in any way that you like. The options are varied enough for a few different pairings. Here are some ideas:
1. Serve Recipe For Taco Wraps with black beans, corn, tomatoes and mushrooms for a vegetarian version of chilli.
2. Prepared in the morning, it’s one of the first things you’ll want to try for dinner when you get home in the afternoon.
3. Serve Recipe For Taco Wraps with avocado slices, sour cream and salsa on top before serving to create an irresistible taco salad.
4. Add a side salad and cookies for an easy weeknight meal.
5. You can add capers, parmesan cheese and extra salsa to the filling if you are serving it to guests as an appetizer or snack, or mix it up with black beans, corn and tomatoes for a taco salad.
6. Instead of flour tortillas, use low-carb tortillas (like these) made from stone-ground corn. To make them gluten-free, use a gluten-free tortilla wrap.
7. Make a trip to the Mexican market and pick up some ingredients you’ll need to prepare this recipe (such as beans, tomatoes or corn). You can also buy them in bulk at Costco or check for prices at your local grocery store.
8. Serve the Recipe For Taco Wraps with tofu instead of ground beef for a healthy vegan meal.
Recipe For Taco Wraps is an easy and healthy recipe for feeling good about eating. It features an assortment of ingredients to make it feel more like a meal than a bunch of individual servings. The black beans, refried beans and tomatoes all contribute to keeping this recipe healthy and filling.
This recipe has only about 300 calories per serving, making it ideal for losing or maintaining weight. With its low-carb tortillas, you can enjoy this dish without the guilt.
What is a taco wrap made of?
A taco wrap is a flour tortilla filled with ground beef, black beans, tomatoes and lettuce. The most common way to serve them is with sour cream, salsa, guacamole and shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
How do you make taco tortillas?
Taco tortillas contain cornmeal, which gives them a chewier texture and tastes similar to a tostada. Tacos are often made with corn tortillas because they are soft, flexible and easy to work with.
How to make taco shells with wraps?
You can make taco shells with wraps by placing a small handful of the filling in the centre of a tortilla and rolling it up. Repeat this process for each wrap and place them in an oven-safe casserole dish. They will cook quickly, but keep them covered with foil so they don’t dry out – otherwise, your shell will fall apart.
Do you use baking powder or soda for tortillas?
Baking powder makes tortillas because it produces an airy type of light and fluffy bread. As for baking soda, the sodium bicarbonate in it creates a crispier and more brittle type of bread.