Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe is a perfect, easy-to-make snack mix that tastes amazing, is perfect for sharing with friends, and is great for game day parties.
This recipe will take less than half an hour to prepare with most of the ingredients in your kitchen. The first step when making this snack mix is to set it up in a large bowl or baking sheet.
- 1 How to make Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
- 2 How to prepare time?
- 3 Nutrition facts of Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
- 4 Health Benefits of Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
- 5 Great 6 Variations for Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
- 6 Can I Freeze It?
- 7 Pretzel Snack mix with Ranch dressing
- 8 Sweet and salty snack mix Recipes
- 9 Is Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe Healthy?
- 10 Is Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe Gluten-Free?
- 11 Can I Make This Recipe Dairy-Free?
- 12 Conclusion
How to make Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken or in smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup popcorn, popped [See notes]
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, broken or in smaller pieces
- 2 oz. each
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Combine ingredients in a large bowl or baking sheet and spread them out evenly into a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Step 3: Remove from the oven and let it cool. Once it has cooled, mix in your other ingredients. Enjoy!
How to prepare time?
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Total Time: 30-40 Minutes
Nutrition facts of Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 95
- Total Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 51mg
- Potassium 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 1g
Health Benefits of Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
Snack mixes are healthier than most candies in the form of baked goods. This snack mix is nutritious and contains nutrients necessary for a healthy body. The main ingredients in this recipe include pretzels and popcorn.
Pretzels are completely loaded with fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system, heart, and muscles healthy. And popcorn is filled with fiber, antioxidants, and proteins as well. Add these two delicious ingredients and black pepper, creating an incredibly nutritious concoction.
Great 6 Variations for Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe
1. Use pretzels instead of crackers to make a slightly lower calorie, slightly healthier version.
2. Use pretzel pizzas instead of the popcorn for an interesting twist and a little more of a crunchy taste.
3. Use graham crackers instead of broken or crushed pretzel sticks to make this mix even more nutritionally sound by increasing the fiber and protein count and decreasing the carbohydrates, fat, and sodium content.
4. Add some sesame seeds on top as a garnish for even more crunch and a delicious, nutty taste.
5. Add some chopped nuts to the mix for an even bigger crunch, more nutrients, and a little sweetness from the honey.
6. If you have kids at home or young ones visiting you, use unsalted pretzels instead of the sticks to keep them crispy longer and avoid too much salt intake.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes! You can. It makes a great snack for those cold winter days. Just let it thaw (after removing the plastic wrap) in a bowl or baking sheet at room temperature to defrost and mix in other ingredients if desired.
You can store it in an airtight container for about 3 months if you do not intend on eating this immediately after baking.
Pretzel Snack mix with Ranch dressing
Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe is another variation of this snack mix that plays it safe, not adding anything new to the recipe. A dip or dressing like Ranch can be a perfect compliment to this much-loved snack mix. Other recipes include Cream Cheese Pretzel Dip and Hummus Pretzel Dip.
Sweet and salty snack mix Recipes
This is one of the most popular snack mixes due to its mix of sweet and salty tastes. This is a great variation for people who love the classic pretzel taste.
If you enjoy other sweet and salty snacks, you may also want to try one of these recipes. These yummy treats are perfect for those who have a sweet tooth and can not resist a crunchy, savory snack.
Is Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe Healthy?
This snack mix is the perfect quick and healthy snack to make just before a party or game day. The baking process makes this snack mix more nutritious than most snacks because many ingredients are baked in the oven at high temperatures.
Pretzels and popcorn are filling snacks and can help you stay full longer than any other snack. The only ingredient not baked in the oven is graham crackers, baked for a short time at around 350 degrees F.
Is Pretzel Snack Mix Recipe Gluten-Free?
No, this recipe does contain gluten. However, you can still enjoy the mix by using pretzel pizzas instead of crackers to keep it gluten-free.
Can I Make This Recipe Dairy-Free?
It is possible to make this recipe dairy-free, but the taste would not be the same, and it will not be as healthy as it is with milk, honey, and butter. Arrange honey on each serving, and don’t use any milk.
This recipe tastes better than any store-bought mix and is easier to prepare. Use this recipe as an alternative to the classic salty snack and watch how much people enjoy it! I will leave these recipes below in case you like them.