Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner, a casual party appetizer, or even an easy meal option when you’re hosting your next barbecue.
It comes out with tender roasted meat and just the right amount of seasoning to make it taste amazing. You’ll want to make this one again and again!
Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe is made from Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts that are coated in spices and garlic before being cooked until they are fork-tender.
How to make Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe
Prepare time: 10 min
Cooking time: 2 hr. 10 min.
- Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Chicken Breasts 2 – 3 lbs.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Chili Powder
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced (To taste)
- 2 (15 oz).
Step 1: Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat, add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1 minute).
Step 2: Add in ground cumin, chili powder, and salt.
Step 3: Season chicken with the mixture from Step 2.
Step 4: Add chicken to your slow cooker and pour juices from the pan into the pot. Add 2 cups of chicken broth also.
Step 5: Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Step 6: Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add a free side to the heat with olive oil. Add chicken breasts in batches, and sear each side until browned. Remove from skillet and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition facts of Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe
- Calories: 219.9
- Total Fat: 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 68.3 mg
- Sodium: 3 mg
Health Benefits of Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe
It is a lean protein source, which is important for weight loss. Eating lean proteins helps keep the body feeling full for longer periods, which can help you lose weight quicker. To lose weight, you must watch how much fat you take in from eating.
Fat contains 9 calories per gram, while protein and carbohydrates contain a little less than half that amount at only 4 calories per gram. This means that if you are trying to lose weight, you should emphasize taking in lean proteins.
Easy 7 Serving Ideas for Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe
1. For a great dinner, serve with brown rice, black beans, and steamed broccoli.
2. For an easy lunch box meal Recipe, make Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe ahead of time in individual containers and have it ready to grab on the go!
3. Make Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe for your next party appetizer or just for a tasty snack option at home! It goes perfectly with any salsa or guacamole dip you can make yourself.
4. For a quick appetizer, make Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe in the slow cooker. Serve with some sliced avocados and whole-grain crackers.
5. Alternatively, you could make Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe on the grill in your backyard at your next cookout!
6. To go with the steak and chicken, serve with a side of roasted green beans and some steamed asparagus.
7. For a tasty breakfast, have some Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe as your main course! Serve it with some freshly-sliced oranges, sliced bananas, and a side of oatmeal or yogurt. If you want to serve them at dinner, as I did in this recipe post, try using a slow cooker instead of the grill on the side of your stove.
What is Pollo Asado seasoning made of?
Pollo Asado is a Mexican-style marinade often used to make grilled chicken. The original recipe was created by Mexicans and Spaniards who were introduced to grilled chicken when they went to Europe. Pollo Asado means “grilled chicken” in Spanish, so they called the recipe “Grilled Chicken Recipe.
What is the difference between Asada and Asado?
Asado is a Spanish word and refers to a beef dish prepared like Pollo Asado. Asada is usually an inexpensive cut of meat, often from a steer or other animal, eaten with bread. Asado and Pollo Asado are both common dishes from Mexico but differ in style.
Why is it pollo asado and not asada?
If you’re wondering why it’s called “Pollo Asado Tacos Recipe” instead of “Asada Tacos Recipe,” then wonder no more! Asada is a term used in Spanish that refers to a steak, so this question has more to do with the recipe’s history than anything else.
What’s the meaning of pollo asado?
Pollo means chicken, and Asado is a Spanish word for cooking or grilling. When the recipe was created, it was referred to as “Grilled Chicken Recipe” because that’s exactly what it was.
Summarizing the above, it’s easy to see how schoolyard jokes about “gay chicken” started pushing the name of this recipe into the realms of internet humor.
The story goes that the dish gained popularity between Mexico and Texas in the early 1960s when both countries had a mutual border.
What is pollo asado vs chicken?
Pollo is a male bird, while chicken is a type of meat. The name “Chicken Tacos Recipe” would make more sense, but that’s not how it goes.
What is in Chipotle pollo asado?
You may or may not have noticed that the chicken in this recipe is really dry. This is due to a mix of ingredients used, and because they have been cooked for such a long time, it’s also because the chicken was marinated too long.
Pollo Asado is a dish that you will taste again and again. It’s delicious, but it’s not the easiest recipe to make.
The chicken must marinate for a long time, and it must be grilled over a direct flame to get the best flavor from the meat. That said, if you’re looking for an easy recipe that is still delicious, this one should be on your list of options.