Pei Wei Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe is a restaurant chain specializing in American Asian cuisine. Pei Wei’s sweet chili sauce recipe can be used to make delicious chicken satay, chicken lettuce wraps, or even just as an accompaniment to your favorite appetizers and dishes!
This recipe for the spicy chili sauce is easy to follow and only requires four ingredients. You will need red jalapenos (pickled), sugar, rice vinegar, and pineapple juice.
Once you have gathered all necessary ingredients, combine them in a small pot on medium heat until thoroughly mixed.
Now you can enjoy this tasty treat at home with any meal for half the price! This blog post will provide readers with step-by-step instructions so.
Pei Wei Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
Pei Wei’s Sweet Chili Sauce recipe is an excellent alternative to their store-bought product. A quick and easy way to make this sauce at home, without any artificial ingredients or preservatives, it will keep in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This sweet chili sauce can be used on many dishes such as Pei Wei’s Crispy Honey Shrimp and Low Carb Egg Rolls!
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot starch/flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
Mix the white vinegar, water, and sugar until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add garlic, ginger, chili paste, cornstarch/arrowroot starch, and salt. Mix well to make sure there are no clumps of cornstarch/arrowroot starch or salt.
Bring to a boil until thickened (approximately 2 minutes). Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool before transferring to an airtight container or squeezable bottle. Will store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Pei Wei’s version of Sweet Chili Sauce is tangier, sweeter, and has more chili flavor than Thai sweet chili sauce.
I think it tastes better, but you can try this recipe if you don’t have access to other ingredients. I added some fresh ginger to this recipe, but you can omit it if you don’t like the taste or have it on hand.
Nutrition fact for
Pei Wei’s Sweet Chili Sauce is thicker than Sriracha and more similar to sambal oelek sauce. Pei Wei does not list the nutrition facts for Sriracha, so I compared this recipe to sambal oelek.
As a result, this recipe is also spicy, but you can control the spice level by reducing how much chili paste you add to it.
The benefit of Pei Wei Sweet Chili Sauce
The benefit of Pei Wei Sweet Chili Sauce is that it’s pretty much free and can usually be found using the store locator. The downside is the sugar content.
This stuff contains a whopping 20g of sugar per serving (at least for the regular size). Most dishes at Pei Wei only come with 1-2 Tbsp of sauce, so it’s easy to get carried away with the servings.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help, and you can get your fix while keeping it low-carb! Here are some ideas:
1) Make some Asian BBQ wings at home and use this sauce as a dip or drizzle. These BBQ Wings from All Recipes would be perfect for that.
2) Make your lettuce wraps! This recipe for Spicy Thai Lettuce Wraps from The Creative Bite is an excellent choice, and it’s served with a peanut sauce that’s almost identical to Pei Wei’s.
3) Fridge raid. Sometimes you can find little packets secreted away in the produce section of the grocery store… grab some carrots or zucchini and make your low-carb version at home!
4) Stop using so much damn sauce already! Many dishes come with 1-2 Tbsp of sweet chili sauce, which is just enough to add flavor but not so much that it overpowers.
Sure it’s high in sugar, but if you’re keeping an eye on your macros, the carbs in this sauce won’t kill you. Don’t be afraid to give a dish a little flavor boost, but skip the extra sugar!
5) If all else fails, order your entree with no sauce. The dishes at Pei Wei are pretty tasty on their own and don’t need any help accentuating that delicious flavor!
AllPeiWeiDishes.com has some great ideas for what to get… some of our favorites include the Spicy Chicken without the tortillas (which is usually served with flour tortillas, so it’s Paleo), Orange Peel Shrimp without orange peel sauce (which contains honey),
or Green Beans without garlic soy sauce (which has added sugar). You can also order dishes ‘dry’ with no rice, which is great if you’re trying to keep carbs low.
How To Prepare It More Delicious?
1. This is the recipe for pie wei sweet chili sauce. This version may be familiar to those who dine at Pei Wei Asian Diner as it is used as a condiment for their dishes.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well using a wire whisk until sugar dissolves
3. Transfer to a canning jar with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months
4. This sauce is excellent as a dipping sauce or condiment to any Asian dishes such as grilled beef or chicken.
5. You can adjust the sugar according to your preference, adding more or less to taste. This recipe yields 1 cup of sauce. * All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same, but Cooking With Susu will automatically receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the prices for this site. Thank you very much for your support!
The sweet and spicy sauce is perfect for sipping your favorite Pei Wei dish in or topping on top of any meal.
Pei Wei specializes in healthy Asian-inspired food with options like brown rice, fresh vegetables, and meatless dishes for those who don’t know about the restaurant chain.
This recipe will be sure to become one of your go-to recipes when you need something quick and delicious!