If you’ve never had Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe, it might seem strange at first. It doesn’t look like bread or taste like anything easy to identify.
But really, what it has that makes it so unique is its delicate balance of textures and flavors. The outside is crispy and golden brown, while the inside remains fluffy and doughy.
And when you put a few dollops of honey on top, you get this amazing contrast of sweet to savory that makes this dish one of a kind.
- 1 How to make Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe
- 3 Top 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe
- 4 Can I Freeze It?
- 5 Is It Healthy?
- 6 How is it taste?
- 7 How can it be improved?
- 8 Do I need to refrigerate it before eating?
- 9 Conclusion
How to make Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1. Combine the warm water, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Whisk until dissolved and let sit for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and stir it not to get clumpy.
3. Pour in the liquid and stir until combined. Knead the dough until it forms a smooth ball (about 3 minutes).
4. Form 4 balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat, leaving approximately 2 inches between them.
5. Try to keep them evenly spaced on the pan, as they will spread out quite a bit as they cook.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Turn the pan upside down and place it on a baking sheet to be easier to flip over. Bake for another 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and brush the tops of each one with honey (or jam, jelly, or any other sweet condiment you might like).
9. Put it back into the oven and bake for another 3 minutes. After pulling them from the oven, brush them with the leftover honey and let cool a few minutes.
10. Serve warm with more honey or a soft-boiled egg ( like Mexicans do)
Nutrition facts of Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe
|Saturated fat||0.5 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
Top 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe
1. Strengthen bones:
The most prominent benefit of the Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe is that it helps in strengthening your bones. The bone-strengthening property of this recipe is due to the calcium yeast and vitamin D present in this food.
Vitamin D is a great source for strengthening your bones by facilitating calcium absorption, whereas calcium supports your bone health.
2. Regulates your blood pressure:
Are you feeling stressed and exhausted? Would you like to get rid of stress and relax? If yes, Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe is an excellent choice.
It helps regulate your blood pressure by relaxing your nerves and reducing the stress hormone cortisol. This recipe also enhances dopamine secretion, a hormone responsible for regulating our moods, making it a great supplement before bedtime.
3. Improves your heart health:
The greatest advantage of Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe is that it prevents your heart from every possible complication like heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure.
This recipe contains vitamin D, which protects you from blood clotting, an essential process for a healthy heart. Also, it has potassium and magnesium, which are necessary for balancing your blood pressure levels and preventing blood clotting.
4. Fights cancer:
If you are looking for a recipe that will fight cancer, this is the one. It is also a great anti-inflammatory that prevents your body from cancer.
The omega 3 and 6 found in this recipe will also help to fight against cancer by strongly reducing inflammation and protecting your cells from damage.
5. Keeps your skin healthy:
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe is also an excellent choice for preventing the formation of wrinkles and premature aging of your skin. This is due to the soy, vitamin C, and antioxidants present in this recipe which prevents skin aging.
6. Cleanses your system:
A nutritious meal will help you get rid of toxins and impurities from your body. This dish is also a great detox food that cleanses your digestive system, making it an excellent supplement if you wish to edit your system completely.
7. Reduces depression:
Depression is one of the worst feelings anyone can have. People who suffer from this mood disorder suffer from inflammation, pain, and lack of energy.
Thankfully, Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe has omega 3 fatty acids, reducing depression by keeping your body healthy and mind fresh.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, if you like. You can easily freeze this recipe by placing the dough balls in an airtight container and keeping them in the freezer.
Is It Healthy?
Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe is an excellent source of protein and fiber, with negligible amounts of fat. It will help you in maintaining an ideal weight. This recipe has a moderate amount of sodium that is present in it.
How is it taste?
It tastes delicious with a different texture, crispy outer layer, and a doughy inside. You can eat it plain or dip it in any sauce you like.
How can it be improved?
The best way to improve the taste of this recipe is to make it with flour instead of wheat. This will enhance its flavor by making the outer layer crispy.
Do I need to refrigerate it before eating?
No, you do not need to refrigerate this dish before serving. You can easily keep it at room temperature for the next 2 hours and serve it as a snack or a quick breakfast during weekends.
If you like this recipe, please give a like or share it with your friends and family. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask us in the comments below.
On the whole, Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe is one of the healthiest recipes you will find. It’s full of protein and fiber and has low amounts of fat.
It comes to you with a promise to cure your health issues within a few weeks, considering its amazing health benefits.
We hope you got all the valuable information about Nez Perce Fry Bread Recipe. All that’s left now is for you to go through it and try it out yourself quickly.