Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe is a delicious seasoning mix that is entirely sodium-free and gluten-free. The recipe below creates enough for about thirty tacos – perfect for a small family or party!
- 1 How to make Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 3 Best 7 Health Benefits of Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 4 What is a good substitute for taco seasoning?
- 5 What taco shells are low FODMAP?
- 6 What spices are IBS friendly?
- 7 What is the best lettuce for tacos?
- 8 Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning brands
- 9 Low FODMAP taco seasoning without chili powder
- 10 Low FODMAP taco seasonings without garlic
- 11 Low fodmap taco seasoning without onion
- 12 Low fodmap taco seasoning recipe without cayenne pepper
- 13 Conclusion
How to make Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe
Prepare time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3/4 cup serving
- Measuring cup
- Dry measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Step 1: Mix and store in an airtight container for up to three months. Fodmap are poorly absorbed carbohydrates and are linked to various digestive issues such as bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, and constipation.
Step 2: Cook ground beef (seasoned with taco seasoning) and drain excess fat.
Step 3: Add ground beef to a bowl, add lettuce and your favorite beans plus a few slices of avocado.
Step 4: Drizzle with a low Fodmap dressing, or enjoy as is!
Nutrition facts of Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe
- Calories: 15
- Protein: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Fiber: 1.3g
Best 7 Health Benefits of Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe
1. Low fodmap taco seasoning provides a great source of protein and iron, which is important for pregnant women and children.
2. It can help protect against heart disease (LDL cholesterol) due to the rich amounts of Vitamin D and calcium it contains.
3. It reduces inflammation and may benefit the gut, helping with digestive issues like constipation, diarrhea, diarrhea, and bloating.
4. It is a great source of potassium, which helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
5. Fodmap are carbohydrates that are poorly absorbed, and are linked to various digestive issues such as bloating, flatulence and constipation.
6. Low fodmap taco seasoning helps reduce these symptoms!
7. It is a healthy alternative to processed foods.
What is a good substitute for taco seasoning?
The best low fodmap taco seasoning contains only fresh vegetables and herbs to give you the flavor you want without any of the FODMAPs you avoid. You can also make your own low fodmap taco seasoning by making a simple blend of herbs and adding different spices.
What taco shells are low FODMAP?
Many people with a fodmap allergy have been able to enjoy low fodmap taco shells by either preparing their own low FODMAP version or using a regular flour tortilla.
Most corn taco shells are safe to eat on a low FODMAP diet; however, they may be high in starch. To use corn tortillas instead of taco shells, you will need to ask the manufacturer if they are gluten-free.
What spices are IBS friendly?
Many people find that they can tolerate some spices but not others. Start by reading the ingredients on the spice label and then try the herbs one at a time and see how your IBS responds to each new spice before adding it to your diet.
What is the best lettuce for tacos?
Most lettuce varieties are safe for a low fodmap diet, but iceberg lettuce is more deficient in FODMAPs than other varieties. Romaine lettuce or spinach also make great options as a topping for tacos.
Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning brands
Many brands make low fodmap taco seasoning mixes, with varying FODMAP-friendly and gluten-free options. You can purchase low FODMAP seasoning mixes in most grocery stores. Alternatively, you can make your seasonings using herbs and spices like paprika or chili powder.
Low FODMAP taco seasoning without chili powder
There are many other seasonings that you can use to make your own low-fodmap taco seasoning mix. Chili powder is not the only way to add flavor. Options like paprika, cumin, and garlic powder can also be used.
Low FODMAP taco seasonings without garlic
Many of the low FODMAP taco seasonings on the market are made with garlic powder; however, you do not need to use garlic powder to enjoy a tasty meal. Add extra cumin and salt for a delicious substitute.
Low fodmap taco seasoning without onion
Many of the low FODMAP taco seasonings on the market contain onion powder. However, if you do not tolerate onion, you can use garlic powder instead or make your own seasoning mix to have less of a chance of triggering your symptoms.
Low fodmap taco seasoning recipe without cayenne pepper
Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe is not necessary in order to enjoy a tasty meal. Instead, try using paprika or chili powder for more flavor and color.
Making your own low fodmap taco seasoning is a great way to start adding fresh, homemade flavor to your dishes. Common fodmap taco seasoning is a gluten- and sodium-free alternative to improve your next meal.
If you have questions about the low FODMAP diet or how it affects you, leave a comment below! I want to thank you for reading my article on Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning Recipe.