Lobster Tacos Recipe is an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide for making your favorite tortillas filled with succulent lobster and other equally delicious complementary ingredients. It makes for the perfect weekend dinner party that all can enjoy!
- 1 How to make Lobster Tacos Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Lobster Tacos Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of Lobster Tacos Recipe
- 4 Best 7 Freezing Ideas for Lobster Tacos Recipe
- 5 What is the best way to prepare a lobster tail?
- 6 How to cook a previously frozen lobster tail?
- 7 What temperature should lobsters be cooked at?
- 8 Lobster tacos with mango salsa
- 9 Conclusion
How to make Lobster Tacos Recipe
Prepare time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 40 min
- Large frying pan (with lid)
- Serving tray (or individual serving dish)
- Tortilla maker
- Spoon, knife, and fork
- 10 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, picked clean of shells and cartilage
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 12 small flour tortillas, warmed in the microwave for 15 seconds or until warm and pliable
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced into ¼-inch cubes (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided use
Step 1: Prepare the lobster: Rinse it, place it in a large bowl, and cover it with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Place the canola oil in a large frying pan and heat to medium heat. Once hot, add the crab meat and fry until it turns white and begins to shrink from the sides of the pan.
Remove from heat and set aside. When done, chill the cooked crabmeat in a covered container and in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Step 3: Prepare the remaining ingredients while the lobster is soaking and frying. Prepare the shredded iceberg lettuce and cheese by shredding them into small pieces. Remove the lobster meat from the shell, cut it into small pieces and set it aside.
Step 4: Take a tortilla and place it on a plate or tortilla warmer. Spoon in some of the cooked crab meat, followed by some of the shredded iceberg lettuce, shredded cheese, finely diced tomato pieces, and finally, top with a generous portion of chilled lobster meat.
Step 5: Fold over the tortilla, sealing the ingredients and pressing gently to form a tight seal. Immediately place it in a tortilla warmer or on a serving dish.
Step 6: Repeat steps 3-5 until you have prepared all 6 of your tacos.
Step 7: Take the tortillas out of the warmer and serve with lime wedges, bottled salsa, and a side of rice and beans. If you enjoyed this recipe.
Nutrition facts of Lobster Tacos Recipe
- Calories: 115
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: -1 mg
Health Benefits of Lobster Tacos Recipe
• Lobster is a good source of Vitamin B-12. Vitamin B12 helps prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and atherosclerosis.
• Lobster also contains niacin, which helps the body process carbohydrates and protein for energy. Niacin is also essential for producing healthy skin, cell membranes, and hormones.
• Another important nutrient in lobster meat is zinc. Zinc is a mineral that plays an important role in skin, immune and reproductive health. Zinc can also help boost your immune system and reduce the severity of colds, bronchitis, and pneumonia.
• Lobster contains very little sodium, making this seafood dish a good choice if you’re watching your sodium intake.
Best 7 Freezing Ideas for Lobster Tacos Recipe
1. Lobster Tacos Recipe
Seafood, in general, is best frozen for no more than 3 months. Lobster is one exception to this rule as it can be frozen for up to 12 months. After 12 months, the lobster meat will lose its texture and flavor.
Crabmeat has a short shelf life of just 1 week and should always be used within that time frame. If you don’t think you’ll finish the crabmeat within 7 days, freeze it for up to 3 months.
3. Lobster Sauce
Garlic and shallots are the two ingredients that give the lobster sauce its signature flavor. The two should be frozen for up to 3 months to preserve their flavor. After 3 months, this sauce will lose its intense garlic taste and will no longer be vegetarian.
Shrimps are best frozen for no more than 2 weeks as they also tend to become rubbery after long-term freezing (up to 32 weeks). If you want to freeze shrimps for a short period (2 weeks or less), place them in individual freezer-safe bags.
If you want to freeze the shrimps for longer than 2 weeks, place them in a large container to allow ample room to move around.
Vegetables lose their flavor and texture after as little as 5 days or as long as 3 months when frozen. Iceberg lettuce can be frozen for up to 6 months.
If you want to freeze another type of lettuce, place it in a large freezer-safe plastic container and layering it with a layer of ice. It would help if you also wrapped the container in a layer of plastic wrap before freezing it.
6. Soft Shell Crab
Softshell crabs are best frozen for no more than 4 months. The shell of the crab starts to deteriorate after this time frame. Therefore the meat will begin to turn rubbery and slimy.
If you want to freeze softshell crabs for longer (up to 4 months), place the softshell crabs in a large freezer-safe plastic container and top the container with a layer of ice. It would help if you also wrapped the container in a layer of plastic wrap before freezing it.
7. Lobster Sauce
If you plan on using lobster sauce later, you can freeze it by placing it in a large freezer-safe plastic container and layering it with a layer of ice.
What is the best way to prepare a lobster tail?
The lobster tail is the most expensive part of the lobster and is also the most difficult to cut. Lobster tails are sold life, so it is not advised to attempt their preparation from frozen.
How to cook a previously frozen lobster tail?
Most people freeze lobster tails by placing them in a freezer bag and then placing them in the freezer. Before freezing, you should remove the bottom from the shell and remove all of the shell pieces. You should also remove most of the meat from the tail before storing it.
What temperature should lobsters be cooked at?
Cooking lobsters at a high temperature tends to cause their flesh to become tough, whereas cooking them at a low temperature causes their meat to become rubbery and less flavorful.
Lobster tacos with mango salsa
Two simple ingredients are all you need to make this delicious lobster taco recipe for the ultimate summer treat. The mango salsa perfectly complements the lobster tacos, and we also love that it is vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan friendly.
Lobster Tacos Recipe With the proper instructions on how to make lobster tacos, you’ll want to make them more often than once. This dish is a culinary delight you should add to your recipe collection.
The lobster tacos recipe is ideal for serving at social gatherings such as barbecues, picnics, and get-togethers with friends and family. The preparation time is short, and the ingredients are readily available.