King Taco Red Salsa Recipe is a recipe for a spicy red salsa that is perfect for tacos, nachos, and much more.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it can be done in a crock pot, making the whole cooking process easier.
I love coming home after work to find my food ready to eat so I can relax and enjoy my evening without worrying about what’s for dinner.
- 1 How to make King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
- 4 Best 7 Freezing Ideas for King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
- 5 What is red Salsa made of?
- 6 How long does King Taco Salsa last?
- 7 How long does Salsa last in the refrigerator?
- 8 What are Salsa Verde and Salsa Roja?
- 9 King Taco green salsa recipe?
- 10 Conclusion
How to make King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
Prepare time: 20 min
Cook time: 3 h
Total time: 3 h, 20 min
Yield: 6 cups
- 12-inch skillet
- 2-quart Crock Pot
- (The original recipe calls for 1 large yellow onion)
- 1 cup diced onion (about ½ a medium onion)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 heaping tablespoons diced red salsa peppers
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes with juice
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil salt and black pepper shake of smoked paprika (optional).
Step 1: Dice onion and mince garlic. Slice Salsa peppers in half and remove the seeds. Set aside.
Step 2: In a Crock Pot, add 2 cups of tomato puree, diced onion, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, cayenne pepper, and Salsa peppers. Cover Crockpot with lid and cook for 3 hours or until onions are tender.
Step 3: Add chopped tomatoes with juice and cider vinegar. Mix well and season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika (if desired).
Step 4: Cook uncovered for 2-3 hours on high.
Step 5: Before serving, remove the Salsa peppers. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition facts of King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 24
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 361 mg
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Proteins: 2 g
Health Benefits of King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
Not only are Mexican foods some of the healthiest, but they also provide many benefits. Here are some of the benefits of this recipe ¡Hola! to you: One serving will reduce your risk for heart disease and help you maintain a healthy weight.
The high fiber content helps to keep your digestive system healthy and avoids constipation. This recipe provides 50% of vitamin C’s daily recommended intake; it’s also an excellent source of iron, calcium, and vitamin A.
High in antioxidants, this recipe helps to reduce oxidative stress and free radical damage. High fiber content will provide long-lasting energy, preventing sudden hunger pangs.
Keep your heart healthy with the high potassium content of this recipe, and reduce your risk for stroke. The cooking process of this recipe’s ingredients helps eliminate toxins that may cause cancer and other diseases.
Salsa peppers contain capsaicin, which helps to reduce your risk for cancer, obesity, and diabetes. Salsa ingredients are a good source of folate, which is needed to prevent congenital disabilities and anemia.
Tomato products help to lower your risk for prostate problems, breast cancer, and osteoporosis. Tomatoes are high in vitamins A and C, which help to keep your skin healthy and reduce your risk for skin cancer.
Tomatoes help to reduce inflammation, which may help with arthritis pain and prevent joint damage. Salsa peppers are an excellent source of fiber, which helps to increase the absorption of nutrients in your body and promote heart health.
Salsa ingredients are a great source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps to lower cholesterol levels and reduces your risk for heart disease and cancer.
Best 7 Freezing Ideas for King Taco Red Salsa Recipe
1. Freeze it in ice cube trays, then place the cubes in a freezer bag for later use.
2. Freeze it with wax paper so you can use less and minimize waste.
3. Freeze them in an airtight container or food-grade sealable BPA-free bags to make them last longer.
4. Freezing small amounts at a time will help ensure that you don’t have many leftovers that go to waste if you don’t eat them fast enough before it goes bad.
5. Freezing leftovers can also help you better understand how much you need or want.
6. Freezing your King Taco Red Salsa Recipe will also make it last longer.
7. Thawing may result in a watery consistency, so I would avoid thawing if possible and instead microwave the Salsa on full power for 30 seconds on high to reheat it before serving it to your family.
What is red Salsa made of?
The sauce is made with tomatoes, green chilies, and the sweet taste of onion (not to mention the salt content). It’s often a combination not just for two but for three. The third ingredient is normally cilantro (not to mention lime juice), which gives it a fresh and zesty taste.
The health benefits of red Salsa go beyond what it’s made from. The spices used in this recipe are also helpful; chili powder and cumin are thought to help lower cholesterol levels and may help fight cancer.
How long does King Taco Salsa last?
The best way to keep your Salsa fresh is to store it in an airtight container. I would also recommend using oxygen absorber packets if you plan on storing them in an airtight container. You may consider King Taco vacuum seal jars or King Taco Mason jar storage containers.
How long does Salsa last in the refrigerator?
Regarding King Taco salsa, expiration dates are a big question for most people. In short, the answer depends on how you store it and what’s inside of it.
What are Salsa Verde and Salsa Roja?
Salsa verde is a sauce made from tomatillos, jalapeños, onion, and cilantro. It’s also known as green Salsa.
Salsa Roja combines red chili peppers, tomatoes, and one or more types of chiles (including jalapeño, Anaheim, or poblano peppers). Both are often used in Mexican cooking. Salsa Roja spice blends are generally hotter than Salsa Verde spice blends.
King Taco green salsa recipe?
If you love king taco, the King Taco red salsa recipe should be right up your alley. It is super easy to make and can be served as a side dish or used as a garnish. Here are a few more recipes that you may enjoy:
This recipe is perfect for you if you love Salsa as much as I do. It has one of my favorite combinations of flavors: tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice.
This recipe is so wonderful because it has a great kick and an excellent mix of flavors and is also very healthy for you. It’s great for those who live a healthy lifestyle and love Mexican cuisine.
If you love the flavors and health benefits of King Taco red salsa, then please be sure to leave a comment below! If you have any questions feel free to ask.