Kala Chana Snack Recipe is a snack made from coarsely ground black chickpeas. It is a popular snack in the North Indian subcontinent and North-Eastern Indian states, including Assam, Bengal, and Bihar.
This Kala Chana snack recipe, also known as kali chana, can be served with boiled rice or Chapati (flat bread) or eaten just with your hands like street food. The name for this snack can be traced back to the Arabic word Kalah, which means “the black one.”
How to make Kala Chana Snack Recipe
- 2 cups of Kala Chana (black chana)
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- A pinch of chili powder and garam masala powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying or shallow frying
Step 1: Clean Kala chana and wash well. Drain excess water. Grind the Kala changes in a mixer or blender coarsely without adding water.
Step 2: Mix all the ingredients other than oil. Keep aside for 2 hours to marinate.
Step 3: Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry or cook Kala chana with medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn it over and fry properly. Drain excess oil by squeezing between your palm.
Step 4: Serve with rice, chapatti, roti, or eat with your hands like street food.
How to prepare time?
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 5 min
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbs: 32 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 665 mg
- Potassium: 552 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber O2g
Best 8 Health Benefits of Kala Chana Snack Recipe
1. Kala Chana Snack Recipe is a super nutritious snack that provides you with vitamins and minerals for healthy body development.
2. Kala Chana Snack Recipe helps in boosting up body’s immunity system and improves your digestion by providing you with the required ingredients like ginger, garlic, pepper, and salt.
3. Kala chana curries are a healthy way to prepare vegetables, legumes, and lentils. This dish is delicious and interesting to look at too!
4. Kala Chana Snack Recipe helps to cure indigestion as it contains ginger and garlic. It also acts as an excellent stomach tonic.
5. Kala chana gives you a feeling of fullness and thus is effective in weight loss. The protein content in the chickpeas keeps you fuller for a longer period, which controls food intake and further reduces your calorie intake by controlling hunger levels.
6. The fiber in chickpeas helps lower your body’s cholesterol levels, as it removes cholesterol from your system. Furthermore, fiber acts as an excellent laxative.
7. Kala Chana Snack Recipe is a healthy snack that helps to cure constipation.
8. Kala Chana Snack Recipe can be made with meat or vegetables and easily give you the same taste and flavor!
Kala chana Chaat street style
Kala Chana Chaat Street Style is an innovative, delicious street food dish made with coarsely ground black chickpeas. It is a popular snack in the North Indian subcontinent and North-Eastern Indian states, including Assam, Bengal, and Bihar.
This Kala chana Chaat recipe is a healthy and nutritious snack that provides you with the vitamins, minerals and nutrients required for healthy body development.
Kala chana salad for weight loss
This Kala chana salad recipe, also known as Channa D Phones or Channa Makhana, is a healthy and nutritious snack for weight loss.
It is prepared with chole or chickpea, spices, and sauces. This Kala chana salad recipe can be made in spicy, non-spicy, or mild versions.
Kala Chana Blended Dals Recipe
This Kala Chana blended dal recipe is a delicious vegetarian snack for the whole family. Kala chana combines Mung dal (white lentil) and Chana dal (split chickpea); it looks like yellow split peas but tastes nuttier.
Kala Chana Dals are a protein-rich snack that provides an excellent source of Iron and Calcium, which are essential for your growth, development, and good health. This Kala Chana Dal snack is made with different spices to give you a delicious dish.
Kala Chana Chaat recipe Pakistani
Kala Chana Chaat Recipe Pakistani is a delicious street food recipe made with coarsely ground black chickpeas. It is a popular snack in the North Indian subcontinent and North-Eastern Indian states, including Assam, Bengal, and Bihar.
This Kala chana chaat street-style recipe is an innovative, healthy street food dish that provides you with vitamins and minerals for healthy body development. This Kala chana chaat recipe also helps to boost the body’s immune system.
Enjoy the spicy and tasty Kala Chana snack recipe at home with your family and friends. If you love this recipe, give it your feedback. You can also check out other popular recipes like Chana dal pulao, Kala chana biryani, and Kala chana bhindi which are deliciously made from chickpeas.
Always a sweet-toothed me and foodie? Get your daily dose of fresh and healthy recipes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram.