Jimboy Tacos Recipe is the most popular recipe on my blog, Family Cast Iron. It is a simple, one-pot taco recipe.
The whole family will love it and enjoy cooking together for our Tuesday night Taco Night tradition. Our tacos are topped with a hearty mix of scrambled eggs, shredded chicken thighs (or breasts), and fresh jalapeños from the garden.
- 1 How to make Jimboy Tacos Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Jimboy Tacos Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of Jimboy Tacos Recipe
- 4 Best 7 Variations for Jimboy Tacos Recipe
- 5 What is Jimboy Tacos Recipe?
- 6 What kind of cheese is on Jimboy’s tacos?
- 7 Where was the original Jimboy’s?
- 8 Jimboys tacos locations
- 9 Is there a jimboys Tacos in Las Vegas
- 10 Conclusion
How to make Jimboy Tacos Recipe
Prepare time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Yields: 5 Servings
- medium-sized skillet or frying pan
- heat-proof serving dishes
- 1 (16 ounces) package of taco seasoning mix
- 1 pound regular (not lean) ground beef meat
- lean ground beef, or turkey meat
- 2 jalapeños, sliced into thin rings and then sliced into thin strips
- 3 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- 5 eggs, scrambled
Step 1: In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (except the cream). Mix well using your hands.
Step 2: Pour into a (9 X 12) baking pan. Cover the top with aluminum foil.
Step 3: Bake in the oven at 350°F for 25 minutes. The sauce will thicken a little bit as it bakes.
Step 4: Take the mixture out of the oven and make sure to stir it well before dumping it into heat-proof serving dishes. Pour in heavy cream or whole milk. Mix well, until the sauce is smooth and all combined.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Jimboy Tacos Recipe
- Calories: 723
- Fat: 70.7g
- Cholesterol: 264mg
- Carbs: 8.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein, 24.5g
Health Benefits of Jimboy Tacos Recipe
They have less salt and no cholesterol, making them ideal for healthy eating. The Jimboy Tacos Recipe is also low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium. They are also gluten-free. They are also a source of fiber, protein, and iron.
Best 7 Variations for Jimboy Tacos Recipe
1. Place the corn tortillas flat on a plate, after you have prepared the recipe. Top each with some of the meat mixtures. Then, add some cheese and then place sliced jalapeños on top. You can also add some green onion or cilantro on top as well.
2. Bake the Jimboy Tacos Recipe in an oven-proof dish for about 30 minutes at 350°F.
3. For a different taste, you can use canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh ones.
4. For a bit of variation in taste, add some sliced onions and bell peppers to the mix.
5. If you want to make this into an Asian-style dish, then you can add some chopped green onions. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top as well and then drizzle it with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
6. Serve Jimboy Tacos Recipe with a side of guacamole and salsa for a complete meal!
7. Mix beef with bacon and onions to create a hearty, protein-filled sandwich.
What is Jimboy Tacos Recipe?
Jimboy Tacos Recipe is a simple, one-pot taco recipe. The whole family will love it and enjoy cooking together for our Tuesday night Taco Night tradition.
Who doesn’t love tacos? Well, the Jimboy Tacos recipe was invented in the 1960s by a man named Jim Blanding.
A man who is very clever with his nickname of “Jimboy.” Blanding opened a taco stand in San Diego, which has since become a leading chain of fast food restaurants in California.
What kind of cheese is on Jimboy’s tacos?
The cheese on Jimboy’s tacos is a proprietary blend, but it’s made up of a mix of cheddar and jack cheeses.
And while they call themselves “tacos,” the flour tortillas that you order from Jimboy’s are not what you would expect in regards to taco shells. Instead, these flour tortillas come flat and square and need to be folded into a taco shape before placing your toppings.
Where was the original Jimboy’s?
Jimboy’s was founded in 1963 in San Diego. The first Jimboy’s was opened by Jim Blanding, and although it has changed ownership several times, the chain is still popular today.
You can visit the original restaurant at 5612 Kearny Mesa Road in San Diego, or visit one of their many restaurants throughout California.
Jimboys tacos locations
Jimboy’s Tacos restaurants can be found throughout California, as well as in a few locations outside of California.
For example, Jimboy’s Tacos has five locations in the Phoenix area: one in Tempe, one in Mesa, and three others located in the East Valley region.
In Las Vegas, there is only one Jimboy’s Tacos Location: 9110 Las Vegas Boulevard South. It is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.
Is there a jimboys Tacos in Las Vegas
The answer is yes, yes there is a Jim boy’s Tacos in Las Vegas. Located at 9110 Las Vegas Boulevard South, this restaurant is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.
If you are a lover of tacos and you enjoy cooking, Jim boy’s Tacos recipe is something that should be in your recipe box! It is cheap, easy, and delicious.
If you want to add more flavor to this dish then try adding more cayenne pepper or hot sauce if you like spicy foods. And if you’re looking for ways to spice up Tuesday night, just follow our Taco Night tradition.