Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe is a recipe that gives you the spicy, garlicky flavor of the popular jerk chicken appetizer but with more protein and a healthy dose of vegetables.
Jerk Chicken Tacos are great for dinner or lunch because they’re full of good-for-you ingredients like black beans, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, and more. They are a quick and easy dinner idea that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 How to make Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
- 2 Nutrition Facts of Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
- 4 Best 7 Variations for Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
- 4.1 1. Jerk Chicken Taco Salad:
- 4.2 2. Pineapple Jerked Chicken:
- 4.3 3. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa:
- 4.4 4. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Quinoa:
- 4.5 5. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Onion and Tomato Relish:
- 4.6 6. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa:
- 4.7 7. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Avocado Salsa:
- 5 What is traditionally served with jerk chicken?
- 6 What is jerk chicken sauce made of?
- 7 How do you make jerk seasoning sauce?
- 8 What is jerk chicken seasoning made of?
- 9 Jerk chicken tacos slow cooker?
- 10 What are allspice berries?
- 11 Jerk chicken tacos with pineapple salsa?
- 12 Sauce for jerk chicken tacos?
- 13 When are jerk chicken tacos served?
- 14 Homemade jerk seasoning?
- 15 Conclusion
How to make Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 20 min
Total: 40 min
- Jerk seasoning
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 corn tortilla
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder (or onion flakes)
Step 1: Place chicken in a glass bowl and cover with half the jerk seasoning. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink in the center, 5-6 minutes.
Step 2: Remove chicken from the skillet and set it aside. Add the remaining oil, garlic, lime juice, and brown sugar to the skillet. Stir-fry until fragrant, 1 minute. Return the chicken to the skillet with the jerk seasoning and stir-fry until heated.
Step 3: Top each tortilla with a generous scoop of black beans, chicken mixture, corn, and chopped tomatoes.
Step 4: Fold the tortillas to make a small taco and serve.
Nutrition Facts of Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 25 g.
Health Benefits of Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
Black beans, a staple in Mexican and Caribbean diets, are rich in fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
Saturated fats found in coconut oil increase levels of HDL cholesterol. HDL helps you clear your arteries from plaque build-up.
High in vitamins and minerals, vegetables also contain fiber that helps to lower cholesterol.
Sweet potatoes are a good vitamin A, fiber, and C source.
Quick oats are rich in fiber and keep you fuller longer. You can also use regular wheat tortillas if you prefer.
Grapefruit contains lycopene, which is linked to a reduction in the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Best 7 Variations for Jerk Chicken Taco Recipe
1. Jerk Chicken Taco Salad:
Add romaine lettuce and a romaine vinaigrette to the meal.
2. Pineapple Jerked Chicken:
Remove the seeds from the pineapple and substitute them with some grated onion, ginger, and garlic.
3. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa:
4. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Quinoa:
Mix 1 cup of cooked quinoa with 1/2 cup of salsa.
5. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Onion and Tomato Relish:
Replace the tomatoes with diced onion, red bell peppers, cilantro, and lime juice.
6. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa:
Add avocado to the salsa instead of tomatoes, and replace the cilantro with chopped cilantro leaves.
7. Jerk Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Avocado Salsa:
Add pineapple to the salsa instead of tomatoes, and keep the cilantro leaves.
What is traditionally served with jerk chicken?
Jerk chicken is traditionally served with rice and peas, a side dish with robust flavors to pair with the rich spiciness of jerk seasoning. To make crispy rice and peas, use fresh green peas for peas instead of canned ones and hot water to cook them instead of broth.
This Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe makes it easy to whip up a quick dinner with a healthy dose of vegetables, protein, and whole grains.
What is jerk chicken sauce made of?
Jerk seasoning combines scotch bonnet peppers, thyme, allspice berries, cloves, cinnamon, garlic, and brown sugar.
How do you make jerk seasoning sauce?
All you have to do is combine brown sugar, thyme, allspice berries, black pepper, onion powder (or onion flakes), salt, and cayenne pepper.
What is jerk chicken seasoning made of?
Jerk chicken seasoning is made of allspice berries, black pepper, cinnamon sticks, garlic powder, dried thyme (or fresh), ground nutmeg (or mace), cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and salt.
Jerk chicken tacos slow cooker?
You can use the slow cooker to make this jerk chicken recipe. Soak the chicken in a mixture of 1/4 cup of chicken stock, 1 tbsp of tomato paste, and 2 tbsp of jerk seasoning for 3 hours. Then place it in the crockpot with 4 cups of chicken stock for 8-10 hours on low.
What are allspice berries?
Allspice berries are dried berries that have a strong flavor due to their high concentration of a volatile oil known as pimenta officinalis.
Jerk chicken tacos with pineapple salsa?
Yes, you can use this pineapple salsa to replace the tomatoes on top of the jerk chicken tacos recipe.
Sauce for jerk chicken tacos?
Yes, there is sauce for this jerk chicken tacos recipe. Combine 1 cup of salsa and 2 tbsp of lime juice.
When are jerk chicken tacos served?
Jerk chicken tacos are typically served with beans and bread as a meal to eat with your hands.
Homemade jerk seasoning?
Yes, you can make homemade jerk seasoning by mixing allspice berries, black pepper, cinnamon sticks, garlic powder, dried thyme (or fresh), ground nutmeg (or mace), cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and salt.
I hope you enjoyed reading my jerk chicken taco recipe! I know you will enjoy its bold flavors and the ingredients’ health benefits. If you liked this Jamaican jerk chicken recipe, please RATE US five stars in the area where it says “Review.”
It’s very important for us and ensures that we provide high-quality content. Thank you! It was fun to create, but it was my husband’s one request after tasting this delicious food.