How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy is a guide for ensuring that your fried chicken remains crispy, with a few tricks to make the process easier. Fried chicken is an incredibly delicious part of the American diet.
The introduction to this guide would go into detail about what it means when fried chicken is no longer crispy, listing the main reasons why that can happen and offering advice on how to mitigate the risk of this problem occurring in the first place, with a couple of tips for what you can do if this does happen.
- 1 How to make How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
- 2 Nutrition facts of How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
- 3 Health Benefits of How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
- 4 Best 6 Variations for How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
- 5 How do you keep fried chicken to stay crispy?
- 6 Can you keep fried chicken crispy for hours?
- 7 How to keep fried chicken crispy when transporting
- 8 How to keep fried chicken crispy for catering
- 9 Conclusion
How to make How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
- Prepare time: 20min
- Cook time: 15min
- Total time: 35min
- Yield: 4
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour(plain)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups flour(all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper(finely ground black pepper)
- 3 lb chicken pieces (with rib meat, skin, and bones removed)
- Oil for deep frying.
Step 1: Mix the milk and flour until there are no lumps. Set aside.
Step 2: Add the salt and pepper to the flour mixture, and stir while slowly adding in the all-purpose flour until well mixed. Add in more all-purpose flour if you feel it needs it.
Step 3: This is best done with an egg beater, but a mixer will also work. Beat the egg until it is a thin consistency and add in the pre-made wet flour mixture; stir until there are no lumps.
Step 4: Add the chicken pieces to a large Ziploc bag and pour about half of the mixture. Seal and shake to coat the chicken.
As you can see, this is where I used an egg beater instead or a mixer, as it requires more motor power to do this step. Lay the chicken pieces on wax paper and repeat with the other half of the mixture.
Step 5: Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes, then fry in 350 F oil for 10 minutes or longer, depending on how much you make. I cook around 3 pounds at a time, so it takes about 20 minutes to cook. Fried chicken is an excellent dinner option for a budget during tough economic times.
Step 6: Remove from oil and drain on paper towels for about two minutes. Serve with your favorite sides, and enjoy!
Nutrition facts of How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
- Total calories: 1478
- Calories from fat: 1778
- Total fat: 207 g
- Saturated fat: 57 g
- Cholesterol: 406 mg
- Sodium: 3496 mg
- Potassium: 507 mg
- Carbohydrates total: 33 g
- Dietary fiber total: 2 g
- Protein total: 152 g
Health Benefits of How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
Potassium is essential for maintaining healthy blood pressure, as it helps regulate the body’s water balance.
Potassium has a negative feedback system with Sodium, which means that if your sodium level drops, your body will signal for more potassium. If your potassium level drops, your body will signal for less Sodium.
Potassium is also necessary for many other bodily functions, including nerve impulses, muscle contraction, and heart rhythm transmission.
Best 6 Variations for How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy
1. Add a little bit of garlic and onion to the mixture, and use a combination of flour and corn meal.
2. Add apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to the flour mixture with the milk to keep the batter from becoming too wet, making the chicken pieces soggy.
3. Deep fry your chicken pieces in vegetable oil instead of regular cooking oil for a healthier choice for your diet.
4. Cook less than 350 degrees F for an even crisper chicken.
5. Baking your chicken pieces instead of deep frying them will make a healthier meal, but it will not be as good.
6. I’ve found that combining corn meal and flour works best for keeping your chicken nice and crispy!
How do you keep fried chicken to stay crispy?
Many people have had the problem of fried chicken staying soft and no longer crispy. There are many reasons why this may happen, but one factor that can help keep your fried chicken crispy is soaking the chicken in buttermilk before frying it.
Buttermilk is a very acidic liquid, and if you take it and let it sit for about 10 minutes or overnight in a Ziploc bag with your meat, you’ll get significantly better results! This trick works especially well with seafood as well as pork.
Can you keep fried chicken crispy for hours?
The problem with this question is that it depends on how you cook the chicken. If you’re using a deep fryer, the answer is no; if you’re using a stovetop, the answer is yes.
A deep fryer will produce fried chicken that stays crispy for hours, but it takes about 25 minutes to make enough food for a large family. The inside of the chicken will stay nice and crunchy and not go soft, but it will lose its crispiness fairly quickly.
How to keep fried chicken crispy when transporting
Many people will ask how to keep fried chicken crispy when transporting, and it’s generally a good question!
You should allow your chicken to come to room temperature before you fry them, and make sure that you leave an inch of space on the top of your container. This is important because if you fill a container with hot oil, the oil will expand as it cools.
How to keep fried chicken crispy for catering
If you’re looking for the best way to keep fried chicken crispy for catering, purchasing an industrial food warmer is often a good idea. These devices keep food at the same temperature for hours on end, and it’s a great option for any business that needs to serve their customers fresh fried chicken.
There are many questions surrounding keeping fried chicken crispy, but if you follow the instructions in this article, you should have no trouble! I hope you learned something new, at least, and good luck with your next batch of fried chicken!
If you liked this article, please check out my other reviews on commercial food warmers and other restaurant equipment or catered events. Thanks for reading How To Keep Fried Chicken Crispy Review – What Is The Best Way?