A great way to impress your friends is to make hamburger helper meatloaf. It’s a mix of veggies, meat, and spices that you shape into a loaf-shaped like the iconic white box.
You then bake the loaf in an oven or on the top burner before serving it with ketchup, mustard, pickles, and onion. This recipe has an excellent flavor profile, including ground beef and oregano.
- 1 How to make Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
- 2 Nutrition facts of Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
- 3 5 Health Benefits of Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
- 4 Can I Freeze It?
- 5 Price in Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
- 6 History of Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
- 7 How to store?
- 8 Is It Healthy?
- 9 Is It Allergies?
- 10 Conclusion
How to make Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup hamburger helper sauce
- 1 egg yolk
1. Brown ground beef with onion and drain the grease. Next, add milk, hamburger helper sauce, bread crumbs, and egg yolks. Mix until all ingredients have combined.
2. Shape into a loaf before baking in an oven at 350 degrees for one-half hour or until cooked through.
3. Serve with ketchup, pickles, mustard, and onions.
Nutrition facts of Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
|Total Fat||12 g|
5 Health Benefits of Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
1. Great source of protein:
Every 5 grams of protein contain 4 calories. Protein is an important macronutrient required for the growth and development of metabolic processes.
2. Helps in the healing of wounds:
Red meat has a high concentration of zinc which helps promote wound healing.
3. Excellent source of Iron:
Iron is a vital mineral used by the red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout your body. So, consuming red meat will boost your iron levels which will help you avoid fatigue during workouts and studies.
4. Aids in the growth of bones and teeth:
Red meat has more calcium which is beneficial for bones and the development of teeth.
5. Helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases:
Several studies have shown that red meat is rich in nutrients, including niacin, selenium, and zinc, which help maintain a healthy heart.
Can I Freeze It?
Freezing the loaf will be fine. Make sure to wrap it carefully in foil and freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight when you want to eat the meatloaf, thaw at room temperature before cooking.
Tips on reheating
If you plan to reheat it, place the loaf in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes before serving to pipe hot.
Price in Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
This quality hamburger helper meatloaf will cost less than $2.00 to make.
History of Hamburger Helper Meatloaf
Hamburger helper meatloaf was created in 1964. The market for this product was dominated by sausage, bacon, and canned versions of meatloaf served on white bread.
However, this recipe was so popular that it surpassed all other competitors to become the number one frozen meal in the United States in 1987.
How to store?
You can store the loaf in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you don’t want to freeze it, store it at room temperature.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, it is healthy. It contains lean meat and low-fat milk, making it a great source of protein.
Is It Allergies?
This recipe is allergen-free.
This easy Hamburger Helper Meatloaf is sure to make your night more exciting. You can take the time to cook and enjoy a quality homemade meal that tastes as good as barbecue or steakhouse meals.