Galley Boy is located in the heart of Montreal’s Old Port, also known as Old Montreal. Attracting a mix of tourists and locals alike,
Galley Boy is popular among those who want to try something new but not spend a lot of money at the same time. The burger joint offers classics like hamburgers, hotdogs, and fries but with a twist.
How to make Galley Boy Burger
- 1/2 lb sirloin steak, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 oz sliced mushroom caps
- 4 oz sliced bacon strips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp mustard, and 1 tsp mayo
- 6 slices of smoked meat (pancetta or salami).
1. Mix the bread crumbs and mushroom caps in a bowl.
2. Dip the slices of beef into the egg and then roll them in the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Place the pieces of meat on a baking tray and spray them with some oil, so they don’t stick to it.
4. Place the pan in an oven at 225ºC for around 25 minutes (check if they’re ready when they’re browned.)
5. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a pan until it starts to turn crispy.
6. Mix the 2 eggs with all the ingredients except ketchup and mayo. Add the ketchup and mayo and combine well.
7. Spread the sauce on a bun and top with the meat and bacon.
8. Top with ketchup and mayo and enjoy!
You may like: Venezuelan Hamburger: Amazing 4 Health Benefits
Nutrition facts of Galley Boy Burger
Health benefits of Galley Boy Burger
Bacon is a rich source of B6 and B12. These vitamins are essential for the brain’s functioning and are mostly present in the blood-brain barrier.
A study published in The New England Journal of Medicine found that after two years of eating bacon, serum Vitamin B-12 levels improved, possibly because it is highly absorbable.
Breadcrumbs are a great energy source, so they make an ideal snack if you feel hungry between meals.
History of Galley Boy Burger
Galley Boy was founded in 1947 by Aristide ‘Gus’ Vachon. After his retirement, his son Andre took over the business.
Today it remains a family business currently run by the third generation: Andre’s children, Michel and Diane.
Price in Galley Boy Burger
The Galley Boy Burger costs around $6.50, including taxes. A large basket of fries is $1.50, and a drink costs approximately $2.
Can I Freeze It?
Of course! And the best thing about it is you can reheat them in the microwave!
How long does it take to cook?
Most of the time, around 30 minutes. You can check them by holding a piece on your finger. They should give slightly and should have some brown spots on top.
If they’re not done, they should take longer than usual. In that case, don’t worry; leave them for a bit longer and check again.
Is It Healthy?
Although this is the Galley Boy Burger, which features bacon, cheese, and other rich ingredients, is very quick to prepare.
Its main ingredients are beef and mushrooms, which are packed with iron. So, you can eat this burger without guilt, knowing you will get enough iron for the day!
How To Store?
During the preparation, it’s very important to put your meat on the baking tray or tray. Otherwise, the yummy juice will drip on the surface, and your dish will get soggy instead of crispy.
So, be careful when you are cooking. To store this dish properly, you should wrap them properly, so they don’t get stale. They should be put in a container and properly stored.
You can also freeze them. After cooking, you can wrap your meat in paper towels and keep it in the fridge for up to two days.
Do you want my recipe?
Sure thing! Just leave a comment below! I hope you’ve enjoyed this article. If so, please share it with your friends! See another one on How To Snack Addictively On Only 5 Ingredients.
If you are traveling or on a road trip, this recipe is perfect for you. All you need to do is stop by a store and buy some bread, eggs, and bacon.
Then, when you are ready to eat, all you have to do is heat it in the microwave, and bam! You’re ready to enjoy your sandwich.