A Funnel Cake Burger Recipe, filled with funnel cake and doused in maple syrup all the way through! The perfect blend of sweet and salty, this is sure to become your new favorite burger recipe.
Whether vegan or a die-hard meat eater, everyone can find a taste they love in this burger! Not only is this fun to eat, but it’s easy to make too.
What is funnel cake?
A popular American food in Pennsylvania Dutch Country, a funnel cake is a type of dessert traditionally fried in oil and then dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar.
How to make Funnel Cake Burger
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter,
- melted plus more for the pan
- 1 large egg white pinch of salt
- Vanilla extract Maple syrup for drizzling on top of the burger 3 oz.
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with whisk or fork.
3. Stir in the melted butter, egg white, and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
4. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and gently knead just until the dough is smooth and all the ingredients are evenly distributed – about 1 minute
5. Roll the dough out into a large oval shape
6. Spread the surface with one tablespoon of butter.
7. Roll up the dough like a cinnamon roll into a log and slice into 8 equal portions.
8. Place the slices in a lightly greased baking pan so they fit tightly together and will not unroll as they bake.
9. Bake at 425 F for 8 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 F and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top and soft to the touch on the inside
10. Allow cooling completely before serving.
11. To serve, slice the burger in half and open it up like a clamshell. Use one of the bottom halves to spread a generous amount of maple syrup over the burger, and then enjoy!
You may like: Foot Feta Ish Burger: Best 20 Serving Ideas
Nutrition facts of Funnel Cake Burger
The Health Benefits of Funnel Cake Burger
It’s no secret that funnel cake is a popular food at carnivals, fairs, and fundraisers throughout the country.
Similar in preparation to those funnel cakes everyone knows and loves, the Funnel Cake Burger uses those delicious flavors to tantalize your taste buds.
Americans spent around $8 billion on funnel cakes from foodservice operators alone! Instead of going to the fair, you can make your Funnel Cake Burger right at home and have a lot more fun in the process.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze the Funnel Cake Burger without any issues. Allow the funnel cake itself to cool completely before freezing.
Once frozen, place the burger in a freezer-safe bag or container, label and date it, and then freeze for up to 3 months. To defrost before serving, allow thawing overnight in the fridge before serving.
Is It Healthy?
There are times when eating meat and other animal products will fit in with a health regimen. This is the case for foods high in protein, such as eggs, meat, fish, and certain dairy products.
How to Store?
Store the burger in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.
How To Make Funnel Cake Burger?
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425 F.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with whisk or fork.
Step 3: Stir in the melted butter, egg white, and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
Step 4: Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and gently knead just until the dough is smooth and all the ingredients are evenly distributed – about 1 minute.
Step 5: Roll the dough out into a large oval shape.
Step 6: Spread the surface with one tablespoon of butter.
Step 7: Roll up the dough like a cinnamon roll into a log and slice into 8 equal portions.
The Bottom Line
Make this Funnel Cake Burger recipe at home and enjoy all the funnel cake flavors. Changing up the bread roll with a vegan option, you can make this burger your own!
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and can be made with sprinkling topping. Serve it with white cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese for a delicious veggie burger.