Fresh Market Chicken Salad Recipe is hard to think of as synonymous with summer than the chicken salad sandwich.
It’s healthy, filling, and perfect for a picnic or barbecue. But what if you want something lighter? What about a fresh market chicken salad recipe? Here’s how to make it:
Fresh Market Chicken Salad Recipe:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery (about one rib)
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion (about two onions)
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat (cubed)
- Please note that this recipe will result in four servings.
Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl until blended; add celery and green onion and stir to combine. Add chicken; toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate for several hours or overnight until flavors are blended
This fresh market chicken salad recipe is not only delicious, but it’s very healthy too! The celery will help you get rid of toxins in your body, while the green onion will help reduce inflammation.
The vinegar will keep your skin young and healthy, while the mayonnaise helps with hydration.
- 100 grams of this chicken salad will give you 474 calories
- It will also provide 70 grams of your total fat intake for the day
- 5 grams being saturated fat
- It will provide you with 1 gram of sugar and 3 grams of protein
- You will also receive 5 milligrams of cholesterol
- 682 milligrams of sodium
- and 22 grams of total carbs.
1. It seems like this chicken salad is full of fresh vegetables and healthy ingredients that can help your body in multiple ways! We hope we’ve inspired you to love salads again!
2. If you want to be more creative, it’s easy to make your own fresh market chicken salad recipe! All you need are fresh ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and cheese! The possibilities are endless!
The benefit of Fresh Market Chicken Salad Recipe
The benefit of Fresh Market Chicken Salad Recipe is that it is easy to make, and the ingredients are easily found in any grocery store.
If you want to try something delicious yet nutritious, you should try this out! We hope we’ve inspired you to make your own fresh market chicken salad recipe! Trust us; you won’t regret it!
You may like: Crown Royal Maple Recipes: Great 6 Ways to prepare
Fresh Market Chicken Salad Recipe How much protein is in a serving?
Most chicken salad recipes are made with 2 ounces of chicken. Each ounce provides 7 grams of protein. So, without chicken, you are losing almost half of your protein.
A standard chicken salad sandwich is made with 2 ounces of chicken breast and 2 slices of bread. Nutrition Information for Fresh Market Chicken Salad Recipe – Protein Calorie Information
Food Description Amount Protein Calories
- Bagel 1 each
- 7 g 260 kcal Bagel
- 1/2 each 3 g
- 130 kcal Lettuce 2 cups
- 0.3 g 5 kcal mayonnaise-like substance
- 1 Tbsp 0 g 90 kcal Fresh Market Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 oz 18 g
- 180 kcal
- Totals 19 g 680 kcal
Chicken salad is made much healthier by using a low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise substitute. You could also use reduced-calorie bread to save some calories.
Adjust the mayonnaise substitute by adding more for a lighter salad or less for a creamier salad. You can make this recipe without bread and serve it on lettuce leaves, which will save you most of your calories.
Many people also use turkey instead of chicken in their chicken salads because of the lower calorie content in turkey meat.
How To Prepare It More Delicious?
1. If you want to be more creative, it’s easy to make your own fresh market chicken salad recipe! All you need are fresh ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and cheese! The possibilities are endless!
2. Instead of just eating it on a sandwich, we suggest giving our delicious watermelon and pepper salad with mozzarella a try! It’s based on our fresh market chicken salad recipe!
3. Want something a little more on the healthy side? We think you should try out our delicious avocado salad with grapefruit dressing.
This is one way to enjoy avocados differently! The great thing about this recipe is that it allows you to change or add other ingredients!
4. If you want to create your own, try a different combination of vegetables and nuts. The possibilities are endless! We hope this article has inspired you! Pin 2K Reddit Flip Email Share 153 Shares.
Our Fresh Market Chicken Salad recipe is a perfect summer dish and super easy to make. This salad features fresh veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions tossed in olive oil with diced grilled chicken breast,
seasoned rice vinegar dressing topped off with freshly chopped parsley for color and flavor; the result is an incredibly delicious meal that will be sure to satisfy your hunger!