The Foot Feta Ish Burger is a sandwich that combines the best of both worlds: cheese and burgers.
It has the crunch and grease of a great cheeseburger combined with the taste and gooeyness of mozzarella sticks.
Foot Feta Ish Burger is so-called because it’s made with feet, feta cheese, and burgers.
How to make Foot Feta Ish Burger
- 9 steaks (pork, beef, chicken, or turkey)
- 1 lb mozzarella sticks
- 2 lbs feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Equip the kitchen with a meat tenderizer, electric mixer, and a large bowl to hold the ingredients.
2. Take 1/2 pound mozzarella sticks and cut them into 1-inch strips. Place about one inch of space between the slices in the bowl, so they stay separated during preparation.
3. Take 1 pound of feta cheese slices and cut them into 1-inch strips. This is the same process as with the mozzarella sticks, but you must also make sure that they are three inches apart, so they don’t touch each other during preparation.
4. Place the bowl of cheese slices on a scale and weigh it. Record the value.
5. Take one pound of steak and cut it into strips about one inch long by 1/4 inch thick. Place the steak strips in the bowl with the cheese slices.
6. Mix them until they are thoroughly homogenized. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each of the other 8 pounds of meat you have until all 9 pounds of meat are in a single mixing bowl with all 9 pounds of cheese slices spread out 3 inches from each other.
7. Grab a 1-pound stick of butter and place it on the scale. Weigh it. Record the value.
8. Take the bowl of meat, cheese slices, and butter and place them on the scale together. Record the value if they have not yet reached 1 pound in total weight (they will be less than one pound).
If they have reached one pound, proceed to step 9 if you have more than one foot feta ish burger to prepare (if you only have one, you are done).
9. Take the bowl of meat and cheese and place it on the scale. Record its weight now (you will have gained weight because you have added butter, so the sums should cancel out).
10. Add 1 foot of feta cheese to the bowl of meat and cheese. Mix well and record its weight on a separate piece of paper.
11. Add 1 foot of feta cheese to the bowl, mix well, and repeat until all feet are used up (the amounts should never exceed 5 feet).
12. If you still have not reached one pound, add another foot of feta cheese to the mixture and mix well. Continue to do this until you get one pound.
13. You now have a large bowl of meat, cheese, butter, mozzarella sticks, feta cheese, and feet of feta cheese.
14. Take a few pounds of spices (salt and pepper are recommended) into the bowl with the ingredients and mix them thoroughly with your hands.
15. Grab two to three pounds of ground beef and place it into the bowl. Add more seasoning as needed to make sure that it is seasoned adequately.
16. Grab two to three pounds of breadcrumbs and place them into the bowl (or a shallow pan) with the ground beef.
17. Cover the ingredients with cling wrap or plastic wrap and mix them thoroughly using your hands while they are still covered by cling wrap or plastic wrap.
18. Get a frying pan and place it on the stove. Turn on the heat and let the pan get hot for about 15 minutes.
19. Unwrap the mixture from its cling wrap or plastic wrap and mix it again with your hands (it is important to re-season it, so taste it for seasoning).
20. Form your foot feta ish burger into a patty that is about 3/4 inch thick by 10 inches in diameter (or as close to this size as you can get). Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Foot Feta Ish Burger
|Total fat||89 grams|
|89 grams||1926 mg|
|Saturated fat||40 grams|
The health benefits of Foot Feta Ish Burger
Foot feta ish burger is perfect for anyone wanting to add some protein to their diet. It also contains a significant amount of fat, important for your heart health.
Gelatin and ghee (clarified butter) are extremely good protein sources and contain no cholesterol. This means that they are great for your teeth, bones, and heart.
Breadcrumbs are extremely high in protein and carbohydrates (but low in fat), so they are one of the best food sources for a person trying to lose or gain weight. They taste great, too!
Feta cheese is a good source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and vitamin B12. It is also a very good source of saturated fat and calcium.
Can I freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze the foot feta ish burger. Just wrap them in plastic wrap first and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat on your stove or in the microwave when you are ready to eat them.
How to store?
Store the foot feta ish burger in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and take it out 30 minutes before cooking.
How to reduce calories?
You can do many things to reduce the calories without sacrificing any taste. Lower the amount of cheese you use and substitute mozzarella sticks or other cheeses with little or no fat for some feta cheese.
The Bottom Line
Foot Feta Ish Burger is a very tasty recipe. You can use ground turkey instead of ground beef, and it will taste just the same.
It is also an extremely low-calorie option (high in saturated fat but lower in calories than most cheeseburgers).