Fatburger Skinny Fries had a pretty good year in 2017, and we’re looking to take it to the next level with our new Skinny Fries!
Inspired by trends we saw on social media, we tweaked our French fry recipe, swapping out the fat and frying it in healthier vegetable oil.
We then added some fresh stalks of green onion for that signature Fatburger taste you love with a sprinkling of salt.
How to make Fatburger Skinny Fries
- Diced potatoes (use Russet or Idaho potatoes for best results)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1. Add all ingredients to a gallon zip lock bag. Pour in potato mixture, close the bag and smash the potatoes with a meat pounder or mallet until they are well crushed.
2. Put the bag in the freezer until ready to use.
3. To prepare, heat oil to 350 degrees. Remove French fries from the bag, drain, and place hot oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy, which should only take a few minutes.
4. Remove fries from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain the rest of the fat off.
5. Toss with salt and chopped green onion for that extra special Fatburger taste! Enjoy!
You may like: Easy 8 Serving Ideas Of Stacey’s Hamburger Seasoning
The nutrition facts of Fatburger Skinny Fries
The 6 health benefits of Fatburger Skinny Fries
1. French fries are great for those looking to gain weight. They are an excellent source of carbohydrates, essential in putting on weight and gaining muscle.
2. French fries contain vitamin C, which has been shown to reduce the risk of getting common infections such as colds and flu.
3. French fries contain potassium and vitamin B6, which are essential in building your immune system by keeping infection at bay.
4. The green onion in French fries contains quercetin and kaempferol, which have been shown to have cancer-fighting properties.
5. The starch in French fries allows you to consume less fatty foods. The starch will keep your stomach feeling full longer and reduce your craving for rich foods.
The low amount of fat in the recipe means that you don’t get any bad fats, only good fats that raise your good cholesterol levels and lower your overall blood cholesterol and triglycerides levels.
6. French fries are a great source of protein, helping build and repair muscles.
History of Fatburger Skinny Fries
In 1987, Paul Greenberg, then a graduate student at the University of California-Irvine, created Fatty Pattys as a way for fans to order burgers at Fatburger in Los Angeles.
In 1988, Mr. Greenberg sold his idea to a fast-food franchise in Fullerton, CA called Fatburger, and he got out of the business soon after.
The new owner decided to make fries, but they were not very popular, so they sold those.
Price in Fatburger Skinny Fries
Fatburger Skinny Fries is priced at $1.99, the same as Fatburger’s regular fries.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, Fatburger Skinny Fries can be frozen. These fries can be prepared in advance and frozen before frying. This can save you time when it comes to preparing them on a busy day.
You can also prepare these fries as an appetizer if you’re having guests over. They thaw out easily and quickly in the microwave or oven.
How to store?
Fatburger Skinny Fries could be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month.
The Final Thought
Meeting our customers’ health and dietary needs is important, which is why we’re proud to offer Fatburger Skinny Fries.
We’ve also found that these fries are popular as an appetizer at sporting events, game nights, and while watching TV.
Is It Healthy?
Our Fatburger Skinny Fries are low in calories and are an excellent dietary fiber and protein source. They are also common in fat, which makes them high in protein. Fatburger Skinny Fries does not contain any trans fat either.
How Do They Taste?
The taste is pretty similar to the regular fries because of the green onions sprinkled on them. You cannot go wrong with anything that has Green Onions.
How Do They Look?
They look like fries, and they are full of green onions. But these fries are skinny!
The Bottom Line
We are proud to say that our Skinny Fries are an excellent source of dietary fiber, protein, and vegetables.
They have a rich taste, and they look amazing! We hope you love our new Skinny Fries as much as we do! Fatburger Skinny Fries are available at all locations nationwide.
For more information about Fatburger, please visit www.fatburger.com, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.