Fajita Taco Recipe is a perfect recipe for busy weekdays and weekends when you have a little more time to spend in the kitchen.
This simple meal is easy to make and tastes delicious. You can whip up this dish in less than an hour.
The only tools you need are a chopping board, a knife, and a skillet. This recipe has been used by many families of all incomes and tastes. Includes a shopping list!
How to make Fajita Taco Recipe
Prepare time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
Serving: 4 people
- cutting board
- small frying pan for searing meat (I use a non-stick skillet)
- 1 small onion
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb of sliced skirt steak
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed through a garlic press or minced finely with a sharp knife. (Optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional, but adds a lot of flavors)
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice (add more to your liking)
Step 1: Cut peppers into the desired size and saute them over medium heat until they are soft and the skins are brown. Set aside on a plate, leaving the top half of each to add later. (Some people like removing all seeds before adding them to the skillet.)
Step 2: Dice onion, bell pepper, skirt steak, garlic, and cilantro. Put the onion in a skillet with oil, then cook until it becomes translucent
Step 3: Season the skirt steak with salt and pepper. Add to the onions. Mince the garlic and add. Season with cumin, add bell peppers and cook until tender. Add bay leaf (optional).
Step 4: Once cooked, place some taco meat on each of 4 corn tortillas, add a little cheese (cheddar/jack mix) or lettuce, and top with enchilada sauce from above or salsa if you prefer your tacos spicy. Serve with iced tea or frozen margaritas. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Fajita Taco Recipe
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 24g
7 Health Benefits of Fajita Taco Recipe
1. Fajita Taco Recipe is a healthy meal, and it’s so simple to make. You can prepare it in 15 minutes plus time to put the meat on tortillas
2. Fajita Tacos are a great source of protein, essential for building and repairing tissue and maintaining healthy bones, muscles, hair, and skin. Protein is an important factor in the growth and a necessary part of cell division.
3. Fajita Tacos are a great source of iron, essential in fueling red blood cells and transferring oxygen throughout the body. Iron is necessary to produce myoglobin and hemoglobin, which carry oxygen in the bloodstream.
4. Fajita Tacos provide a good source of minerals like selenium and zinc, which are required to function all cells in our bodies. Selenium aids cell growth and repair, while zinc aids metabolism by helping deal with oxidative stress, primarily from free radicals.
5. Fajita Tacos are a good source of vitamins A and C, which are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants can neutralize free radicals before they cause damage to our DNA.
6. Fajita Tacos provide a good amount of dietary fiber, which is essential in keeping your digestive system on track as it aids in moving food and waste products through your body.
7. Fajita Tacos contain many nutrients that promote health and help you avoid disease.
Whataburger Chicken Fajita Taco recipe?
Whataburger Chicken Fajita Taco recipe is chock full of flavor and spices, giving your taste buds the ultimate satisfaction.
This dish is very easy to make and is packed full of flavor. The spices stick to the chicken after it’s cooked, and it smells fabulous! This recipe illustrates how easy it is to prepare a brand-new meal in no time.
Chicken fajita tacos recipe?
Do you want a chicken fajita recipe that is easy to make at home? If so, this recipe is for you. It’s a classic Mexican dish with strips of meat and veggies topped on soft tortillas and served with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and pico de gallo.
Vegetarian fajita Tacos?
Vegetarian fajita tacos are a great dish to make. This fajita tacos recipe is packed full of flavor and is very simple to make.
Veggies used in this dish include bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, olives, and tomatoes as toppings. This dish tastes fabulous with a side of guacamole and sour cream.
Fajita Taco Recipe is a great meal any day of the week, and it takes you less than an hour to make. Serve this meal with fresh chips and salsa or make-it-yourself tortilla chips with salsa.
It will be the most delicious thing you have ever tasted! I hope you try this recipe and continue to be open-minded about other recipes. Remember to be adventurous with cooking!
What makes a taco a fajita?
A taco is a taco, regardless of whether it’s filled with fajita filling or not. A fajita is only good if you have a delicious filling to go along with it. The main difference between the two types of tacos is that the fillings are on top, while a fajita’s fillings are inside.
What makes fajitas different than tacos?
Tacos were created in Mexico by putting fillings on soft corn tortillas and serving them as street tacos. Fajitas can be found in Mexican restaurants because they are a true specialty of the culture.
Fajitas are made with strips of marinated grilled beef or chicken and onions, served with a side of beans and corn on the cob.
What toppings do you put on a fajita?
It’s all about the toppings! There are so many ways to top a fajita to make it yummy. Some people prefer to fill their tacos with lettuce, tomato, onion, and cilantro.
Others like to top them with sour cream or guacamole. Then there are the more adventurous folks who want to add chili peppers and salsa. It’s all up to you and your tastes.
Can fajita seasoning be used for tacos?
Maybe. You can use the seasoning for tacos, but it is not as heavy because it already has bacon, cumin, and garlic.
You can use a pinch of salt or pepper for the fajita seasoning and then add some salsa or other condiments to your liking when you serve them up.