Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie is a refreshing blended drink that combines the layered flavors of coconut and rum.
The recipe is perfect for any time of year and can be made with or without ice. A healthy dose of coconut milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla frozen yogurt is blended for a naturally sweetened version.
A shot of dark rum provides the perfect amount of richness and a bit of enthusiasm from carbonated water.
How to make Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/4 pineapple juice (not from concentrate)
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 4 scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt
1. In a blender, combine the coconut milk, vanilla frozen yogurt, pineapple juice, and rum. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass of your choice and top with 4 scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt if desired.
3. Divide into 4 glasses and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later serving.
4. Garnish each with a strawberry, blueberry, or other fruit garnish if desired.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts of Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie
|saturated fat||7.1 g|
5 Best Healthy Nutrition of Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie
1. High in Vitamin C & Antioxidants:
Coconut water is high in natural sugars, including sucrose and glucose, and many B vitamins and electrolytes, including potassium.
Coconut water is also rich in antioxidants and has been shown to contain more potassium than a banana.
The dried orange peel used for the garnishing contains naturally-occurring vitamin C, which helps support immune function and collagen development.
2. High in Anti-inflammatory Minerals:
Coconut water is a rich source of nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus. The electrolytes also help to regulate body fluid balance.
3. High in Magnesium:
Coconut water is high in minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium, vital to bone health and heart function, reducing the risk of stroke and other diseases that affect the circulatory system.
4. Anti-cancer & Immunity Booster:
Coconut water is high in potassium, magnesium, and calcium, with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
It also has natural antibacterial properties, which help the body fight infection due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
5. Helps Prevent PMS & Menopause Symptoms:
Coconut water is also an excellent source of magnesium, which helps prevent self-sustaining peroxidative damage within the body.
This is one of the major causes of chronic inflammation, which leads to symptoms associated with this condition, such as bone loss, fatigue, and PMS.
You may like: Great 5 Freezing Ideas Of David Chang Shrimp Toast Recipe
Benefits of Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie
1. Coconut water is high in magnesium, which helps stabilize body fluid balance and prevents muscle cramps, flushing, and heartburn. Magnesium deficiency can result in constipation and irregular heartbeat.
2. It is a good source of electrolytes like potassium, sodium, chloride, and calcium that are essential to the normal function of the nervous system and muscles.
3. Coconut water is high in magnesium, which helps prevent self-sustaining peroxidative damage within the body. This is one of the major causes of chronic inflammation, and some of the associated symptoms are bone loss, fatigue, constipation, and PMS.
4. Coconut water contains iron that helps heal wounds faster and also helps prevent iron deficiency anemia.
5. Vitamin C is high, which helps in the collagen synthesis of bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and skin.
Price in Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie
$1.99, Free Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie with other offers: Save $1 when you buy 2 bottles of Doctor’s 5 Minute Energy (see offer above).
History of Diva Drink Recipe Bar Louie
Coconut water has been used medicinally in Asia and the Pacific Islands for thousands of years to treat various health conditions. In 2004, the FDA permitted companies to begin selling coconut water as a food rather than as a drug. Coconut water is also known as nata de coco or coconut juice.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze it. It freezes well. If you want to freeze it, put it in a freezer bag. Take out as much air as possible before sealing the bag with a clip or rubber band so that when the water is frozen, there aren’t any ice crystals on the inside of the container.
If there are no ice crystals inside, then what you have frozen is coconut water ice cubes–not plain old ice cubes.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, it is gluten-free.
The Bottom Line
Coconut water is one of the most popular drinks globally and a staple in Asian and Pacific Island countries.
It’s high in electrolytes and Vitamin C, which helps the body maintain fluid balance and fight off infection.
Some studies have also shown that it may reduce bone loss, fatigue, PMS symptoms, and menopause symptoms.