Hello readers! I shall be posting a recipe for Cushaw Bread Recipe in this post. Unlike most bread recipes, this one does not require yeast to be activated with water and sugar and left to rise before baking.
Instead, you will use boiling mashed potatoes to give the bread dough its puffy texture. That is not all, though!
It has a more sweet taste than the normal Cushaw fruit, naturally having salty flavors.
How to make Cushaw Bread Recipe
- 1 and 1/4 cup of peeled and finely mashed Cushaw or Yam.
- 1 medium-sized Egg
- 3 tablespoons of Sugar
- 3 cups of Flour
- 3 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
1. In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of boiling water and 3 tablespoons of melted butter with 1 teaspoon of salt and then stir well.
3. Add the mashed potato and butter mixture to the bread dough mixture and knead thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed in the dough.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean surface, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Shape the dough into a loaf and then roll it in fine sugar and place it in an appropriate square baking pan lined with greased parchment paper and sprinkled with brown sugar. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top, if desired.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 Celsius for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees Fahrenheit or 83 Celsius.
7. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and remove the parchment paper. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Cushaw Bread Recipe
Nutrition facts of this recipe are available on the internet, but you can check it out here as well:
Health Benefits of Cushaw Bread Recipe
Cushaw or Yam has a lot of health benefits. It is low in fat and high in vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and carbohydrates.
But the best part of Cushaw fruit is that it contains a substance known as diosgenin which is used to synthesize progesterone, the female hormone responsible for increasing fertility and regulating menstruation.
This means that women who have trouble getting pregnant can try eating this delicious vegetable for its hormonal benefits.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
This bread is high in cholesterol, and therefore it should be avoided by anyone suffering from heart troubles or those with high blood pressure.
If you don’t have any of these problems, you can eat Cushaw Bread Recipe because it is high in dietary fiber and lower in saturated fats than most other bread.
Who Should Not Eat Cushaw Bread Recipe?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not eat this bread. It is high in sugar and bitter, making it a no-no for kids.
Also, people with diabetes should avoid this recipe because they may experience severe blood sugar levels after eating it.
Among children and young adults, Cushaw is known to cause allergic reactions. So if you are not sure of your physical condition or are allergic to this fruit, better avoid it.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Cushaw Bread Recipe is high in sugar, and therefore it should only be consumed by pregnant women if their health permits them to.
Any pregnant woman should consult with her doctor before eating something high in sugar that could cause an imbalance in her blood sugar level.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Yes! Cushaw bread recipe is low in carbohydrates, higher in dietary fiber, and lower in sugar than most other bread. It is good for people with diabetes because it is good for their health.
Is It Good For People Suffering From Heart Disease?
This bread is high in cholesterol, and therefore people suffering from heart disease should be careful while consuming it. Anyone with heart disease should avoid the Cushaw bread recipe as it has a high cholesterol level.
Can Children Eat It?
Yes, children can eat this bread without any problem. It is high in dietary fiber and low in sugar, ideal for kids.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes! It is gluten-free.
Sugar Content of Cushaw Bread Recipe
Cushaw Bread Recipe has about 96 grams of carbohydrates high in sugar content. If you’re looking for a recipe with even lower sugar content, check out this recipe: Healthy Lemon Cake.
How to Chill Cushaw Bread Recipe
This bread must be chilled after the preparation before serving or consuming. You can freeze it at home, but the freezing process will make the bread crumbly and less flavorful.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze it. However, if you freeze it too soon after making it, the bread will become crumbly and less flavorful. So better wait for at least an hour before freezing this bread.
Can I Eat This Bread If I’m On A Diet?
This bread is low in carbs, fat, and cholesterol. So you can eat Cushaw Bread Recipe if you are on a diet. It has the same taste and texture as regular bread but a kick that makes it less heavy to eat.
Cushaw Bread Recipe is a great alternative to the regular old banana bread recipe you have been using for years! It has a unique sweet and salty taste that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike.