This is a blog post about Colombian Hamburger. We will define Colombian Hamburger and add some information in this introduction. The blog also lists some sources as references to help build the website.
Colombian food is a varied and tasty combination of traditional Latin American ingredients with European influences.
How to make Colombian Hamburger
- 4-5 hamburgers (170 gr/5oz)
- 2 red onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 4-5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs or corn bread crumbs. (We choose bread crumbs because it has more texture than corn bread crumbs)
1. Cube the onions and tomatoes.
2. Peel the eggs and cut them into slices.
3. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Place a grill pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown (be careful not to burn them). Remove from heat, add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
3. Heat the grill pan over high heat and add the hamburgers to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. (It is best to use a spatula rather than a fork because you can have better control over the doneness of the meat)
4. Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute until they start to soften. Remove from heat, add the egg slices, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cut the buns in half, lightly toast them, and then top with the tomato mixture.
6. Place the hamburgers on the tomato mixture and cover them with the red onions.
7. Serve and add a leaf of lettuce if you prefer.
Nutrition facts of Colombian Hamburger
Benefits of Colombian Hamburger
The Hamburger is the main food for the Colombian people; we eat it every day at home and for lunch or dinner at restaurants.
The problem that Colombians have with Hamburger is the lack of knowledge about their benefits; here are some that I have found:
1. It can prevent urinary tract infections in women.
2. Prevent cardiovascular disease.
3. The egg yolk has an ingredient called choline, which blocks the accumulation of fat in liver cells and prevents high cholesterol levels in the blood.
4. It is a good source of zinc, which is essential for children and adults’ normal growth and development. Zinc deficiency is found in many areas such as Bolivia, Ecuador, and Cuba.
Amazing 6 Freezing Ideas of Colombian Hamburger
If you do not want to eat the whole burger for lunch or dinner, here are some ideas that you can try:
1. Wrap it in aluminum foil and freeze it for 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until hot. You can add some lettuce and tomato slices on top of the Hamburger and a small amount of mayonnaise sauce.
2. You can fry the Hamburger in a non-stick pan and serve it with French fries and coleslaw. You can also add coleslaw and fry a tomato slice.
3. You can boil the Hamburger in water to make soup or use it to make spaghetti.
4. You can make a sandwich out of it with chicken or ham inside.
5. It can be used as an ingredient in pizza!
6. If you do not want to eat the whole Hamburger, you can sandwich the slices in a toasted baguette made from white bread and add some salad dressing for lunch or dinner.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, it is! We have made two types of hamburgers in our country with different ingredients. One of them is the traditional Colombian Hamburger which we usually make at home.
The other is called a chicken burger that we buy from the cafeteria at school or some restaurants.
The chicken burger contains much less fat than a regular Hamburger. We also eat only red meat about once a month, because it has bad effects on us (people) and our environment.
How to store?
You can store the Hamburger in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can keep it for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it if you plan to keep it for a longer period.
Does It Go Bad?
No, once frozen, the Hamburger will last about 3 months (this depends only on how good you are at preserving food).
TIP: To save money and help the environment, try using a chicken or turkey burger from the cafeteria at school or from some restaurants.
So, here is the end of this blog post about Colombian Hamburger. I hope you like the information that we have shared in this post.
We are working hard to build a website with more recipes, videos, and other posts. So please feel free to share your comments and suggestions in the comment section below.