Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe is a recipe for a classic dish often found on Applebee’s menu. The Chicken Wonton Tacos involve taco-style tortillas filled with a chicken filling and then wrapped in wontons.
To make the dish, you’ll need to fry some wonton wrappers in oil until they’re crispy before adding a mixture of seasonings. Next, dip the fried tortillas into an egg mixture and roll them up to make little tacos.
How to make Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe
Prepare time: 10 min.
Cook time: 5 min.
- Frying Pan Or Wok
- Large Bowl
- Tortilla Press
- Electric Hand Mixer.
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or ranch dressing (optional)
- 12 lettuce leaves, washed and dried well and cut into thirds
Step 1: Preheat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2: Fill a large bowl with water. Remove one wonton wrapper at a time and gently drop it into the water immediately. This step prevents the wonton wrapper from drying out while preparing the rest of the wontons.
Step 3: In a small bowl, combine taco seasoning mix, shredded chicken, and sour cream to make a flavorful filling. Use an electric hand mixer to blend ingredients until they are smooth. If you like spicy food, add a little extra seasoning.
Step 4: Dip a wonton wrapper in the egg mixture, and then immediately roll up the wrapper to make a little taco. Put some fillings on the wrapper, add some lettuce, and then fold over the bottom portion of the taco to close.
Step 5: Allow wraps to rest for about 10 minutes before frying them in oil for about 5 minutes. Fry all the wrappers at once, so they don’t burn or stick together from sitting in one place too long. Make sure that all of the wraps are cooked through and crispy brown.
Step 6: Remove tacos from the oil and drain them on paper towels. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe
- Calories 90
- Total Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Sodium 296mg
- Carbohydrates 5g
- Dietary fiber 1g
- Protein 10g
8 Best Health Benefits of Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe
1. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe is lower in fat and calories than other dishes on the menu. This dish serves only 90 calories, with only 6 grams of fat.
2. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe is very healthy for you because it contains only a small number of calories and a large quantity of protein.
3. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe is high in fiber and helps lower your cholesterol and stabilize your blood sugar levels.
4. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe helps to provide a fast and easy way to eat more lean protein at each meal. It also allows you to maintain a healthy weight because it contains only 90 calories for a large serving size.
5. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe helps to build and maintain muscle mass, especially when you need to lose weight.
6. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe is an excellent source of immune-boosting vitamin A for added health benefits.
7. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe helps your body to absorb the other vitamins and minerals it needs to stay strong, healthy, and active.
8. Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe is a great source of protein, which helps you to build muscles, and keeps your body working at peak performance.
What are wonton tacos made of?
Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos are made from a mixture of chicken and wontons. Wontons are a form of dumpling that you will often find in Chinese foods from the Szechuan, Hunan, and Yunnan provinces.
The ingredient for the filling is a mix of cooked shredded chicken, seasoned vegetables, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar.
What is chicken wonton made of?
Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s Recipe is made with ingredients such as chicken, wonton wrappers, oil, the binding element called starch or flour, and sometimes water. Wonton wrappers are a type of fried egg roll wrapper.
The cooking method for making chicken wontons involves placing the minced meat into a bowl and adding soy sauce and vinegar. These ingredients work as an acid by adding baking soda and vinegar to make this filling mixture.
How many calories are in Applebee’s chicken wonton tacos?
In a serving of 12 chicken wonton tacos, there are only 90 calories. One of the main benefits of this dish is that each serving has only 90 calories.
This means you can enjoy a large filling at each meal without risking long-term weight gain or health problems such as high cholesterol and overeating.
How do you fry wonton wrappers into taco shells?
Pour oil into the pan and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the ideal temperature for frying wonton wrappers, but you should never pour oil directly into a hot pan without separating the dough.
Put a few at a time into the batter mix, fill them with wonton mixture, then cover them with another one and place them down into the hot oil.
Chicken Wonton Tacos Applebee’s nutrition?
Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos Recipe has a relatively low amount of calories, fat, and sodium. Each serving has 90 calories, 6 grams of fat, and a small amount of sodium (296 milligrams).
Many of the ingredients in the recipe are high in protein, and you can enjoy this meal with several different types of these foods to keep your calorie intake at a healthy level.
Applebee’s Chicken wonton tacos price?
Each of these tacos costs about $4.99 at Applebee’s, so you would be paying about 37 cents per taco, a very low price for a meal with a lot of protein and relatively few other ingredients.
Applebee’s Chicken Wonton Tacos review
The flavor is great, with a good balance of salty and sweet. However, the filling was very moist and flavorful. For the number of calories you pay, this is a great choice! This recipe is good for a light lunch or appetizer.
The seasoning is excellent and will keep your taste buds guessing with each filling bite. The primary benefit of this dish is that it’s quick to make and most healthy for you, but it does get 5 out of 5 overall stars from reviewers on Applebee’s website.
Applebee’s Wonton Tacos sauce
The sauce included in the recipe is made from soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, mixed with a small amount of honey for a little sweetness. These ingredients are what give this dish most of its sweetness and flavor.
If you want to change the flavor of this dish, all you have to do is substitute some different ingredients for these two. For instance, if you want to add more spice or make this dish a bit saltier, use soy sauce instead of teriyaki sauce.
Chicken wontons are a dish you should add to your diet for a healthy, tasty, and low-calorie meal. Some main ingredients include chicken and wonton wrappers that allow you to create the filling at home instead of leaving the selection up to the restaurant.
This recipe is quick and easy to make, so you can enjoy an inexpensive meal every night without worrying about making it yourself.