Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar is a recipe which is loved by people from all over the world. It’s one of those dishes that you’ll find on almost every restaurant menu throughout Pakistan and India,
but it can also be made at home. It’s a great dish to serve as part of any meal and will leave your family and friends asking for more.
The secret ingredient in this dish is yogurt – without it, the sauce just doesn’t taste right! The other ingredients are simple:
red chili powder, ground ginger, onion paste, garlic paste, tomato puree or tinned tomatoes (chopped), green chilies (chopped), coriander leaves (finely chopped) and salt to taste.
How to prepare Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar
Before you begin cooking the Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar, soak the chilies in water for 10 minutes. This makes them easier to chop and reduces the heat of the final dish.
- 1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (optional)
- 3-4 green chilies, sliced (for garnish)
1. In a large pot or wok, heat the oil over medium flame and fry the onions until they are golden brown.
2. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until they are slightly browned.
3. Add all of the other ingredients (except for yogurt, water, red chili powder, tomatoes and green chilies) and cook over medium heat until the oil starts to separate.
4. Add yogurt, mix well, then add water and red chili powder.
5. Cook on low heat for 1 hour, stirring every now and then.
6. Add tomatoes and green chilies, cover pot with a lid or aluminum foil, reduce heat even further and cook for another hour.
7. Turn off heat, cover pot with lid or aluminum foil again and let it rest on the stove top for about 30 minutes.
8. Transfer Chicken Nihari to serving platter, garnish with green chilies and serve warm with naan, roti or rice.
You may like: Keto Ensaymada Recipe: 10 Tips To Make Prepare
Nutrition Facts of Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
The benefits of Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar
This dish is high in protein, making it a great choice for anyone looking to increase their intake.
It’s also a good source of dietary fiber, which can help keep you feeling full longer.
The yogurt in the recipe helps to create a creamy sauce and gives the dish a unique flavor.
Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A, phosphorus and iron.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, trans fat and cholesterol.
Although it’s high in sodium, this dish can be enjoyed as part of a healthy diet by limiting the amount consumed at one time.
Who Can Eat This Delicious Recipe?
This dish is perfect for anyone, including those who are looking for a high-protein meal that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
It’s also a great choice for those who are following a vegetarian or vegan diet, as it contains no meat. Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar can also be enjoyed by people with food allergies or sensitivities, as it is free of gluten and dairy.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, chicken nihari can be frozen in airtight containers or freezer bags and is best stored for no longer than three months.
How do I Keep The Leftovers?
Leftover chicken nihari should be refrigerated and consumed within 3 days. It’s best reheated in a small pot on low heat, but you can also enjoy it cold if you prefer.
So, the next time you are looking for a hearty and delicious dish to enjoy, give Chicken Nihari Recipe By Shireen Anwar a try! It’s sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Chicken Nihari. The next time you want to make a dish with an authentic Pakistani flavor, reach for your copy of “The Food Of Pakistan” by Shireen Anwar and get cooking!
If you loved the blog post or if it was helpful in any way, please share it on social media using the buttons below.