Chicken Liver Fry Recipe is a dish of fried chicken livers seasoned with salt and pepper. The dish is a favorite in Southern Indian homes.
It is usually made by frying the livers in mustard or vegetable oil until nearly done and then tempering them with cumin seeds.
A bit of sugar can be added to the frying process for taste. A post would have text on how to prepare a Chicken Liver Fry Recipe, pictures illustrating cooking steps, and photos of what the finished product looks like.
- 1 How to make Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
- 4 7 Amazing Variations for Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
- 5 Why do you put flour on liver before frying?
- 6 Why do you add sugar to the fried livers?
- 7 Why do you soak chicken liver in milk?
- 8 How should I store my fried chicken livers?
- 9 How long should you soak liver in milk before frying?
- 10 Can I Freeze It?
- 11 Conclusion
How to make Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
- 1 cup chicken livers (sometimes used is the whole chicken liver)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 green chilies, finely chopped
- salt to taste.
- Cumin seeds (use whole if you can)
- Vegetable oil or Refined oil.
Step 1: Chop the onions and green chilies finely on a cutting board, and in a small bowl, combine salt with cumin seeds and keep them aside until later.
Step 2: Put a little oil in a frying pan, and once the oil starts to sizzle, put in the chicken livers.
Step 3: Fry them on each side until they are slightly browned.
Step 4: Add sugar to the chicken livers and toss them well until you see that the sugar has caramelized with the livers.
Step 6: Add chopped onions, green chilies, and salt with cumin seeds. Toss well for about a minute, and switch off your stove.
Step 7: Serve warm with some plain white rice and roti.
Prepare time: 40 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
Yield: Serves 4
Nutrition facts of Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
- Calories 400
- Calories from fat 260
- Percentage of calories from fat 54%
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 135mg
- Total fat 30g
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrates 7g (1%)
- Fiber 1g (4%)
- Sodium 690mg (30%)
Health Benefits of Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
The content of livers in this dish is high, which may give the dish a health benefit by promoting the growth of blood cells. It may also promote weight loss and liver detoxification because fried livers have a high saturated fat content.
7 Amazing Variations for Chicken Liver Fry Recipe
1. Use pork liver instead of chicken livers.
2. Use leftover meat such as chops or steak.
3. Add sliced green bell peppers after frying the livers, mix well and serve.
4. For a variation, stir-fried onions in the dish before serving it warm with the chicken liver fry recipe, so it becomes more savory for those who love strong flavors of onions like me.
5. Instead of frying chicken livers, you can bake them at a very high temperature for about 15 minutes until they are crisp.
6. For a different variation, you can use turkey liver instead of chicken livers.
7. For a different variation, you can use chicken liver and onions mixed with curry powder and oil. The curry will make the onions nice and crisp and crunchy like chips.
Why do you put flour on liver before frying?
The flour serves as a binder in the delight that it makes the liver moist, savory, and crisp. In this recipe, you can either add flour yourself or leave it out.
Why do you add sugar to the fried livers?
The sugar helps to caramelize, which is why this dish is so savory and fragrant. Also, if you use unsalted butter, your liver will be crispier.
Why do you soak chicken liver in milk?
I believe that milk helps reduce the taste of chicken liver, and if you do not like to eat it because it is bitter, try this recipe with milk.
How should I store my fried chicken livers?
If you store the leftovers in a refrigerator, ensure the livers are wrapped tightly. If you store them in a freezer, seal them tightly with aluminum foil or plastic bags.
How long should you soak liver in milk before frying?
The length of time to soak the livers depends on the quality of raw liver to start with and how familiar you are with cooking. In my experience, if I soak raw chicken liver for 12 hours in chilled milk, it is tender and delicious.
Can I Freeze It?
Chicken livers can be frozen in small portions, but they are best consumed while fresh. If you plan to freeze them, ensure the livers have cooled thoroughly before putting them in the freezer. Once frozen, leave them in the freezer until you plan to use them again.
Fried chicken livers with caramelized onions, green chilies, and cumin seeds is a simple and delicious dish that suits any occasion. You will like it so much! I hope you found this post useful.
If you did, please share it with your friends and family on social media using the Share buttons found here. Thank you in advance for sharing. Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment section below or subscribe to my blog by entering your email address in the right sidebar.