Chef John Hamburger Buns is proud to introduce the Hamburger Bun! The Hamburger Bun is the perfect accompaniment for any burger that needs a burger bun!
Made from pizza dough, the dough has the perfect chew and texture to hold any burger. It also has a light sweetness that complements your classic hamburger.
How to make Chef John Hamburger Buns
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1&1/4 cup warm water
- (dissolve 1 tbs yeast in 2 tbs warm water)
- 3 tsp sugar (for sugar flavor)
- 2 tsp salt (for salt flavor)
1. This is a very simple and quick method to make the dough. Add the yeast (dissolve in water), sugar and salt to the flour.
2. Mix until well incorporated. Add the rest of the ingredients and knead until smooth, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a food processor and pulse five times to aerate.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Place the dough on the parchment paper and flatten it into a large rectangle, about 12×18 inches.
5. Once you have rolled out the dough, fold the edges toward you so that it forms a loaf shape, pinch it closed and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes to 1 hour (do not proof before this rising time).
6. preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Turn down the dough and cut into 6 equal strips, each about 1 inch wide.
8. Roll the dough out into 6 long buns and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil cooking spray, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes to 1 hour (do not proof before this rising time).
9. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from parchment paper onto a wire rack to cool.
10. Brush with extra melted butter and pull apart the Hamburger Buns to serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Chef John Hamburger Buns
|Total fat||0.2 g|
|Total carbohydrate||11.6 g|
Health Benefits of Chef John Hamburger Buns
1. The Hamburger Bun is a great alternative to traditional bread. This bread is fluffy and perfect for any hamburger amateur
2. These buns have very little carbs and calories which makes them perfect for low carb diets
3. Low in fat and sodium
4. The Hamburger Bun is an excellent source of protein for bodybuilders or for those that are extremely active
5. It also has vitamin B6 and selenium, which is a great addition to any diet because of their antioxidant properties
6. This bread is excellent for any sandwich or hamburger, which makes it one of the most versatile foods available
7. This bread is also perfect for open-faced sandwiches where the layer of bread is on the outside of the sandwich so that it doesn’t get soggy or get soggy very quickly
8. The Hamburger Bun is also a great way to replace your favorite sandwich bread by keeping it low in carbs, calories, and fat
9. Broil your hamburgers on bun or asparagus, and you will be pleased with how quick this loaf cooks.
Top 7 Best Freezing Ideas of Chef John Hamburger Buns
1. Create your amazing snack packs with these buns. Add them to any lunch, and you will be satisfied
2. Use the hamburger bun as a scoop for your favorite dips, sauces, salad dressings, and more
3. Add them to a salad to cut the acidity of your salad
4. Top your sandwich or wrap with all the fixings, or add it as an open-faced sandwich! You can also use it as a scoop for your favorite dips, sauces, and more
5. For those who live in a dorm or a small apartment, this bread can be stored in its freezer for a long time which is perfect for those that may not have room to store perishable foods
6. If your favorite pizza place doesn’t make warm bread, then use this bread instead as it has the same texture and can hold any pizza toppings
7. This bread is amazing when broiled to add an extra crunch or texture to your hamburger or sandwich.
How to store?
Store the Hamburger Buns in a freezer bag so that they are easy to take out. You can store them in the freezer for 4-6 months, but freezing buns, always eat when they are frozen.
Watch this video below to learn more about Chef John Hamburger Buns
Is It Healthy?
It is considered to be slightly healthy. This bread is perfect for any Hamburger or Sandwiches. It is low in carbs and sodium, making it a great choice for lowering blood pressure.
This bread also has a small amount of fat, but it still contains significant amounts of protein, vitamins, and selenium, so you can still reap the benefits of eating this bread.
Is It Gluten-Free?
It is gluten-free. This bread is not made with any grains or yeast, so it is a great choice for those allergic to gluten.
How Long Will It Last?
The Hamburger Bun has a long shelf life of 90 days, not including the freezing time. The frozen time will add another 4-6 months to the shelf life, making this versatile bread.
Is It Organic?
No, it is not organic. As of now, the Hamburger Bun does not have any certified organic ingredients.
However, it is made with simple ingredients that are very easy to find if you are looking for a substitution from your favorite recipe. Elements like pizza dough and olive oil are widely available and can be found at any grocery store.
The Bottom Line
The Hamburger Bun is a low-carb hamburger bun with very few calories and carbs. Still, it contains a decent amount of protein,
vitamins, and selenium which make it ideal for those who are looking to lower their blood pressure or body weight. The low-fat content also makes it an excellent choice for people following a low-fat diet.