Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell is a taco stuffed with beef chalupa ingredients. It has worked well for me and many others in creating a quick, tasty meal that can be whipped together in minutes.
I’ve made this recipe twice now; it was gone within five minutes of its creation! I hope you enjoy this modified Taco Bell recipe as much as my friends and family did!
- 1 How to make Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
- 2 Nutrition facts of Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
- 3 Health Benefits of Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
- 4 Easy 8 Serving Ideas for Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
- 5 Where to buy chalupa shells?
- 6 How to make chalupas with pita bread?
- 7 Taco Bell chicken Chalupa recipe?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQ
How to make Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
Prepare time: 15 min
Cook time: 2 min
Total time: 17min
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- 2 tortillas (soft tacos)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 beef chalupa ingredients
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1/4 c lettuce (chopped)
Step 1: Warm the refried beans in a saucepan on low heat. Microwaving them usually makes them soggy, so I suggest you avoid it.
Step 2: While the beans are heating up, cut the chalupa ingredients in half and scoop out the insides with a spoon.
Step 3: Make one chalupa by placing a tortilla on the counter and layering it with refried beans, chalupa ingredients, lettuce, and hot sauce. Fold the tortilla in half so it will fold in half when you place it in the pan.
Step 4: Bake for 2 minutes at 400 degrees F on a medium heat setting (place oven rack in middle position). If you want to make two taco chalupas instead of one, add another layer of refried beans.
Step 5: Remove the chalupas from the oven and let them sit for one minute. Then, apply a dab of hot sauce on each taco chalupa. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
- Calories: 1017
- Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Protein: 33g
- Net Carbs: 47g
Health Benefits of Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
This recipe is perfect for people with diabetes. It is high in protein and low in fat and carbohydrates. It will keep your blood sugar at a constant level and provide a good energy source to fuel your daily activities.
The chalupa ingredients used in this recipe are generally low in saturated fat, which has been proven to increase bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
This recipe’s high amount of protein can help you control your weight by keeping you from feeling hungry for prolonged periods.
Easy 8 Serving Ideas for Chalupa Recipe Taco Bell
1. Turn this recipe into easy 7-serving burrito bowls by topping each serving with 1/2 cup of refried beans, lettuce, and hot sauce.
2. Add extra beef chalupa ingredients to make a breakfast bar. Place the chalupa ingredients in a jar, cover with hot sauce, and shake well to coat each chip-sized beef chalupa filling completely. Put them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
3. Scoop up the beef chalupa ingredients with a spoon and use them to make an easy quesadilla.
4. Make an easy avocado chalupa and top it off with cheese, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, and salsa.
5. Place a healthy portion of ground turkey in their taco shells and top it off with a few slices of avocado.
6. Mix the beef chalupa ingredients with ground black beans and make a burrito bowl by placing one scoop on the bottom of each bowl. Add a few slices of tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and hot sauce.
7. This recipe also works well as an alternative to hamburger patties. Place 2-3 beef chalupa ingredients in a pan and cook them on medium heat for at least 5 minutes on each side.
8. Cut the beef chalupa ingredients into strips and serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and hot sauce as a healthier alternative to french fries.
Where to buy chalupa shells?
You can use small taco shells or make your own from wheat tortillas. I recommend corn tortillas because they are softer and easier to fold.
You can also find pre-made chalupa shells at many grocery stores. The price may vary by region, but I found a dozen bodies for $2.00 at my local grocery store.
How to make chalupas with pita bread?
If you don’t have chalupa shells, consider using pita bread. Start by cutting each pita in half and scooping out the contents.
Lay a small tortilla on a large piece of wax paper. Create your ingredients layer by spreading refried beans on the bottom half of the tortilla, adding a second layer of pita bread, filling it again with refried beans, and then covering it with your chalupa ingredients or any meat substitute (i.e., soy crumbles).
Taco Bell chicken Chalupa recipe?
There’s a Taco Bell chicken Chalupa recipe available online. It is difficult to find as it has been taken down, and there are so many other recipes written about it that I never bothered looking for the source.
I hope that you enjoyed reading this chalupa recipe. Please share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter!
What is a Taco Bell chalupa shell made of exactly?
Corn tortillas are the main ingredient in a taco shell. If you can’t find them, you can use any tortilla available to you. You can even make your own!
What kind of meat is in a Taco Bell chalupa?
A standard chalupa has ground beef. The crunchy shell is made of deep-fried corn tortillas.
Are the Taco Bell chalupa ingredients all healthy?
Not at all, but you can make your own by improving on their original recipe. Use low-fat refried beans and low-fat ground beef instead of their high-fat counterparts. Avoid eating the chalupa shell altogether if you are trying to lose weight.
Are Taco Bell chalupa shells fried?
Yes, they are deep-fried in unhealthy oils. Avoid them at all costs unless you plan on making your own at home.