Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe is a different twist on a pizza that combines all of the flavors of Mexican food into one. It’s a delicious dish with a little bit of spice and pairs well with a cold beer.
Casey has been cooking professionally for over 15 years and is currently the Executive Chef at Piggy’s Grille in Pueblo, CO. He enjoys making fusion dishes like this nightly at his restaurant!
- 1 How to make Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- 2 Nutrition facts of Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- 3 Health Benefits of Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- 4 Easy 7 Freezing Ideas for Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- 5 Casey’s pizza sauce Recipe?
- 6 Taco pizza recipe without refried beans?
- 7 Casey’s taco pizza review?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQ
How to make Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
Prepare time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Large skillet
- Cheese Grater
- Slice Tray
- Countertop Mixer OR a bread machine & baker’s yeast
- 1 pizza crust (pre-made, or make your own)
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 1 tsp chili powder (or more if you like it spicier)
- 2 tsp cumin powder (or more if you like it spicier)
- 16 oz can of refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 16 oz jar of Mexican flavored dip, such as chunky salsa or refried beans (can substitute with taco sauce)
- Tortilla chips, broken into small pieces for garnish (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat skillet over medium heat and add ground beef. Cook until brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon throughout the cooking process. Add onions and garlic to the browned beef, sauteing for approximately 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add chili powder, cumin, and ½ cup of water to help in the seasoning process.
Step 2: Turn the heat up to medium-high and add refried beans and salsa. Mix to coat the salsa flavors. Remove from heat so that ingredients can cool down.
Step 3: Grease a pizza pan or sheets of parchment paper with vegetable oil spray or olive oil soap. Place crust on the pan(s) and lay tortilla chips evenly on the crust. Spread a layer of refried beans over the chips, then top with taco meat. Add ½ cup of cheese, then dollop sour cream over everything.
Step 4: Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and sides are slightly charred. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and Mexican-flavored dip – you can use an entire 16 oz jar if you wish! Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts of Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- Calories: 384
- Cholesterol: 31 grams
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fat: 18 grams
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Sodium: 594 mg
Health Benefits of Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
High in fiber
Low in saturated fats (about one-third less than what is found in the original pizza recipe) Capsaicin, the chemical compound responsible for the “hot” in spices like chipotles and jalapeños, has been said to be used as a pain reliever for people with rheumatoid arthritis.
Calories are low enough that this meal can become part of a heart-healthy diet. Fiber is important for both digestive and heart health.
Stephanie, a registered dietician, recommends the Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe as a healthy meal option because of its low-calorie content, high fiber value, and minimal saturated fat.
She also said that this recipe could easily be made into a vegetarian dish by substituting meat with a different protein source such as beans or tofu.
Easy 7 Freezing Ideas for Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
1. Freeze the individual pizza crusts, or place them on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer until solid. Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
2. Bake the pizza crust (without toppings) as directed, then let cool completely before freezing. Place each frozen pizza on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place it in the freezer overnight or for at least 3 hours.
3. Wrap each frozen pizza separately in plastic wrap, then store them in a freezer-safe container until ready to use.
4. Bake the frozen pizzas in a 350-degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until thawed and heated through. Top with your favorite ingredients before serving.
Stephanie recommends freezing this recipe overnight as it will retain its original flavor better than if you only freeze it for 1 or 2 hours. She also recommended trying toasting the frozen crust and toppings before serving as it will make the pizza taste even better!
5. Remove any cheese that is melted from the top of the pizza, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze. This will help preserve its flavor and allow you to heat this pizza anytime within a few days.
6. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray and place the frozen pizza dough on it. Place frozen leftover toppings near the edge of the pan. Place a second sheet pan on top of the pizza dough, then place a heavy object (such as a pot or a baking sheet) on top of that.
Place another heavy object – such as a second baking sheet or an upside-down pot – over that. Repeat this process until no melted cheese is visible, then let it sit overnight in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap and/or foil to prevent condensation from forming.
7. If you don’t have a large freezer, try using a portable one! Portable freezers are available for sale from a variety of stores including Craigslist and Amazon.
Casey’s pizza sauce Recipe?
Casey’s pizza sauce is a vinegary, garlicky, tangy pizza sauce. It is perfect to use as a dipping sauce for pizza or a sandwich and can also be used in your spaghetti or lasagna recipes.
Taco pizza recipe without refried beans?
If you don’t want to make your own refried beans or you don’t have a can opener, you can substitute it with your favorite brand of salsa.
If you already have a jar of salsa in the cupboard, all you need to do is open it, stir everything together, and heat it for about 5 minutes in the microwave to combine flavors.
Casey’s taco pizza review?
“This recipe is good, but I think it could use a little work. The flavor is very good and right on, but the consistency is off. The cheese and taco meat do not get melted together well.
The whole pizza was too soggy for my liking, so I would suggest decreasing the amount of cheese you put on your pizza and possibly increasing the amount of sour cream to help thicken the sauce up a bit.” – Sarah P.
Casey’s is famous for its delicious pizza sauce that packs a lot of flavor into a small cup of dip. Making your version at home is indeed very easy, and it will come out tasting every bit as delicious as the original!
Be sure to check out our other copy-cat recipes such as In-N-Out’s Animal Style Fries, Amy’s Black Bean Soup, and IHOP’s Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
What does Casey’s put on their Taco Pizza?
Casey’s Taco Pizza ships with a layer of refried beans, taco meat, sour cream, and a layer of cheddar cheese on top.
Is there an Amy’s Black Bean Soup recipe on Yummly?
Yes! You can find them here. Discover delicious and easy high-fiber recipes over high-fiber foods.
What kind of cheese does Casey’s use on their pizza?
Casey’s requires a certain type of cheese which is not widely distributed in the United States. If you follow their instructions for pizza sauce, you can use Monterey Jack, Colby, Pepper Jack, or cheddar.
How does one make a homemade version of Casey’s?
Use your favorite pizza crust recipe, such as this one, or use this cornmeal crust recipe if you’d like to keep it low-carb. Cook the pizza crust according to package directions then let it cool completely before assembling the ingredients.
What is Taco Bell Mexican Pizza crust made of?
The taco pizza crust has a cornmeal base with a sauce that tastes like Taco Bell. It’s also topped with cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, and ground beef. The pizza is then topped with nacho cheese sauce and nacho toppings.