Brontosaurus Burger is a new Brontosaurus and burger joint which has opened its doors in the Queens area of New York City.
The first customers to enter the doors were greeted by servers who wore dinosaur costumes. Dinosaurs served food, and one of the items on their menu was a Brontosaurus Burger with bacon,
cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onions all atop a Bun King brioche bun. One of the servers said, “We have this crazy idea that you will be smiling at 9:30 pm tonight.
Ingredients for Brontosaurus Burger
- Makes 4 burgers
- 1/2 pound bacon or a half-pound thick-cut Canadian bacon, fried and then crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 Brioche buns from Bun King
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thinly
1. Fry bacon to desired crispness and let cool.
2. Chop bacon and toss with onion, cheese, and onion ring (optional).
3. Build your burger. There is no need to grill it, just good old-fashioned tossing and putting ingredients together in a bun until it is done to your liking.
I usually make my burgers into 2 smaller ones because I am not the biggest fan of burger patties, but feel free to make the 4 larger ones pictured above.
4. If you are making a full-size burger, top with mayo and apple jelly. If you make a smaller burger, add more cheese, bacon, and mayo.
5. Grill burgers on the grill pan until cooked through ( medium-rare ). Let it sit on the grill for 5 minutes, then flip to finish cooking if you overcook it.
6. Top with optional garnishes & enjoy!
You may like: Smoke And Pepper Burger: Best 9 Nutrition Facts
The Healthy benefits of Brontosaurus Burger
Brontosaurus Burger has no gluten in its hamburger buns, free from wheat, rye, and barley.
The wheat products that Brontosaurus uses are made from non-GMO ingredients. Brontosaurus uses honey in their buns to add a flavor that does not come from gluten.
They also use milk byproducts to add that special ‘yummy’ texture to their products. In addition to being gluten-free, Brontosaurus Burgers are also free of many allergens, including milk, eggs, and soy.
This makes Brontosaurus Burger a delicious option for those looking to get into shape and stay healthy.
They are even offering an all-natural protein shake formulated specifically to help you increase muscle mass and energy.
Can I Freeze It?
No. Most likely, it will become soggy and lose its crisp texture. However, if you are packing for a road trip or if you are taking a picnic to the park,
this is an ideal way to transport your food since the Brioche bun will not go stale and will still taste good even after exposure to sunlight or heat from the inside of your vehicle or from sitting in the sun too long.
Is it healthy?
Yes, this is a very healthy meal. It does not have any trans fat, and it does not have any gluten or soy. On the other hand,
this meal is high in fats from the bacon and cheese that you put on top of your burger. Keeping portion size in mind will go a long way in keeping you healthy and fit.
Is it spicy?
For us Filipinos, it is not spicy. They use spices similar to what we employ in the Philippines, like bay leaves and pepper.
Many Americans might find it odd, but overall it is not spicy enough to make you break out in a sweat. It is just sufficient for you to taste something different from the usual ketchup or mustard-based burger toppings.
The Bottom line
I have been craving some burgers lately, especially after finding this restaurant. I am glad that they have made a burger different from the regular burgers served in fast food chains.
This is a healthy and good alternative to the usual fast-food burgers. This may be a good option for getting your burger fix, with the added benefit of being beneficial for those avoiding gluten.