Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian is one of the easiest Italian food recipes. It is also a favorite among party guests. Try this awesome-tasting meal with an amazing aroma from Indian spices.
It would help if you considered sharing this recipe with your friends at parties and get-togethers. It’s quick to prepare and will please everyone at the table.
How to make Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Curry leaves- 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoon
- Onion- 1 medium size pieces
- Tomato – 1/2 cup(grated)
- Cheese (cheddar) – 1 cup(grated)
Step 1: Make a paste of grated cheese and cumin seeds. Season with salt and spread it thickly on rotis or tortillas. Roll the roti or tortillas into flakes, ensuring they are covered in the paste.
Step 2: Saute the onions in a saucepan with oil. Add curry leaves and green chili and cook until brown.
Step 3: Add grated tomatoes and salt and cook until soft.
Step 4: Add the flaked rotis and mix it well into the sautéed onions and tomatoes. Add more oil if necessary. Cover with a lid for a couple of minutes until the rotis are golden to light brown.
Step 5: Serve hot with ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
How to prepare time?
Preparing time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Nutrition facts of Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian
- 729 calories
- 48 grams of fat
- 9 grams of saturated fat
- 76 grams of carbohydrate
- 3 grams of fiber
- 0.8 grams of sugar
- 15.7 grams of protein.
Health Benefits of Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian
Black-eyed peas are delicious, flavorful, and good for the heart. Black-eyed peas contain large amounts of fiber, which helps cleanse the colon and clear out clogged arteries. This fiber also keeps cholesterol levels low by preventing it from being absorbed by the body.
The soluble fiber in black-eyed peas reduces bad cholesterol levels, thus helping to lower the risk of stroke and heart attack. Black-eyed peas are an excellent magnesium source, contributing to healthy bones and teeth.
Containing a healthy dose of vitamin B6, black-eyed peas stabilize blood glucose levels and reduce the risk of developing diabetes. Black-eyed peas contain the antioxidant anthocyanin, which helps to prevent cancer.
Black-eyed peas are rich in protein and are an excellent source of sulfur. They offer many health benefits, including reducing joint pain, preventing inflammation, and treating arthritis by strengthening connective tissues and cartilage.
Great 6 Serving Ideas for Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian
1. Veg Kabab (Minced vegetables) – minced vegetables are quite a favorite among children. Serve this with cheddar cheese and make an interesting vegetable kabab.
2. Salads – Black-eyed peas are a good source of protein and can be served in the form of salads which are very popular in the summer season; particularly when chilled, salted cucumbers are added for that crisp, crunchy taste.
3. Chutney – Chutneys are undoubtedly one of the best ways to consume black-eyed peas. They can be prepared in various ways and combined with dal or rice to make a healthy meal.
4. Paneer Add-on – The mix of paneer, cheddar, and black-eyed peas is quite popular. Try adding this to an omelet or any other preparation where you want a cheesy flavor.
5. Soups – Black-eyed peas are creamy and can be made into soups which will be a delightful accompaniment to serve with bread rolls or other meals.
6. Pakoras – Add black-eyed peas to mashed, spiced potatoes and prepare delicious pakoras with the goodness of both potato and black-eyed peas.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze black-eyed peas and store them in the freezer for a month or more. Once you have cooked black-eyed peas, remove them from their packaging, place them in an airtight container, and freeze.
Thaw the frozen peas before using them. Black-eyed peas are best steamed or simmered to a tender consistency because they will not be as crisp when frozen.
Is Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian Healthy?
Yes, black-eyed peas are healthy and useful. Though they might not contain high nutritional value or vitamins, they help digestion and the overall functioning of body organs. Black-eyed peas are a favorite among children as well as adults. They are easy to munch on as a snack or an accompaniment to other dishes.
Is Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian Gluten-Free?
All the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free except for the cheddar cheese. However, you can substitute it with a dairy-free alternative to make this recipe gluten-free.
Is Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian Nutritious?
Yes, black-eyed peas are nutritious and help fight infections and diseases. They contain several nutrients and vitamins, which help stay away from various diseases. The high fiber content also helps reduce cholesterol levels and constipation.
In summary, I hope you enjoyed the recipe for Black Eyed Peas Snack Recipe Indian. If you have any suggestions or questions about this recipe, please leave us a comment. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and on Facebook. Thanks – Enjoy!
Click here to watch Snackman Cooking Show, which talks about many delicious foods made at home with simple ingredients and quick cooking methods at a very affordable price without compromising their nutrition value.