Bandara salad recipe is a dish found in many parts of the Middle East. It has been said to have originated from Egypt and Lebanon and could have come from Iraq or other countries in the region.
The dish has been around for hundreds of years and remains popular today because it is easy to prepare.
Many people assume that because this dish originates from the Middle East, it must contain yogurt or tahini sauce. Still, there are no such ingredients in a Bandara salad recipe.
A bandara salad recipe only contains four main ingredients: cooked rice, boiled eggs, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
This makes it perfect for hot days when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. It is also an excellent dish for buffets, picnics, or potlucks because it can be made days ahead.
How to prepare Bandara salad recipe?
The Bandara salad recipe has two primary ingredients: tomatoes and cucumbers. These should be chopped into tiny pieces for this dish.
You can use any tomato, but beefsteak tomatoes often produce the best result. Make sure that you buy all the other required ingredients first because it’s hard to stop once you start chopping.
- 1 cup white rice, boiled
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Combine the cooked white rice, boiled eggs, tomatoes, and cucumbers in a bowl.
2. Add the salt and lemon juice. Mix well and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts of Bandara salad recipe:
|Total Fat||7.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.7 g|
If you are looking for a tasty and healthy dish to prepare, the Bandara salad recipe is a great option. It is easy to make and contains a variety of healthy ingredients. Plus, it can be served cold or at room temperature, making it perfect for any occasion. Give it a try today!
The benefits of the Bandara salad recipe:
1. Bandara salad recipe is packed with proteins, which are imperative for muscle growth and maintenance.
2. Eating foods like the bandara salad recipe can help you lose weight because they contain very few calories.
3. The combination of vegetables in this dish provides an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, which can protect your body against disease.
4. This salad is also low in saturated fat, making it a healthier choice than some other dishes.
5. Bandara salad recipe is perfect for people on a gluten-free diet. It does not contain any wheat products.
6. Last but not least, this salad is delicious and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
You may like: Chocolate Donut Seasoning Recipes: Amazing Testy Recipe
Who Can Eat This Delicious Recipe??
Bandara salad recipe is a very versatile dish. It can be eaten by people of all ages and for many different occasions.
It is perfect for people with wheat allergies, vegans, or vegetarians. This dish is also great for picnics, potlucks, and buffets because it can be made in advance.
It is best eaten cold, so it makes a good summer meal when you avoid heating the kitchen with the oven or stove.
It can be served
1. Breakfast as a side dish to bacon, eggs, or toast.
2. At lunchtime with sandwiches or burgers.
3. As the main dish at a dinner party or potluck.
4. As part of a healthy lunch box.
5. With rice for a gluten-free meal.
6. On its own as a light snack.
Can I Freeze It?
Bandara salad recipe can be frozen and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To do so, place it in an airtight container or freezer bag after thoroughly cooled.
Label the container with the date of preparation so you know how long your Bandara salad will last in the freezer.
Let it thaw in the refrigerator when you are ready to eat your bandara salad recipe. You can then serve it cold or at room temperature.
Can I Make It in Advance?
Yes! This dish can be prepared up to 2 days before you plan to serve it. Refrigerate your leftovers after they come to room temperature and store them for up to 48 hours.
How Long Will It Last?
This dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
1. Egg yolks are good for building strong bones and teeth and promoting healthy hair color.
2. Tomatoes are high in vitamins A and C, essential for healthy skin. They also contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.
3. Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene, converted into vitamin A in the body. This vitamin is essential for keeping your skin healthy and free from damage.
4. Celery is a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and vitamin K. It can help to regulate blood pressure and improve heart health.
5. Lime juice is high in vitamin C, necessary for collagen production. Collagen is essential for keeping skin looking young and healthy.
6. Chili peppers contain capsaicin, a compound that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. This can help reduce symptoms associated with arthritis and can improve blood circulation.
7. Herbs and spices like cilantro, basil, and coriander provide additional vitamins and minerals that promote good health. They also add a delicious flavor to this dish!
8. Garlic promotes cardiovascular health by keeping blood vessels clear of cholesterol build-up and regulating blood pressure. It can also help protect against cancer, combat infection, and improve immune function.
If you want to make a Bandara salad, the best way is to find an authentic recipe and follow it. The majority of people recommend adding tomatoes and cucumbers for this dish.
However, if you don’t like them or are not in season, feel free to leave them out. When we wrote up our version of the recipe,
we used red onion instead because that was available at the time and also added some freshly chopped cilantro leaves on top before serving, so be sure to try those additions too!